GIBSON OR PAUL REED

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

najim

Reaction score
Hi every body,anu one can tell me,which guitar es the most perfect,Gibson Lp or prs guitar.thanks

Get a

DSC_0258.jpg

lesterpaul said:
....are those Kramers???
btw, the PRS and Gibson LP-PRS is traditionally thought of as a hybrid of sorts between the LP and the Strat...check out prs website..read up on the neck,history,etc...

Jack of all trades, master of... oh well, you know...

*looks for that ducking smiley*

:lol:

I would have to go with a new or used PRS. You can find great deals on some used ones during this economic tail spin.
I had a Paul for a while, didn't have the mojo that vintage ones have no matter how much money I put into it.
My Heritage H157 is one of the best LP's I ever had, but I have a good one. Some of the latter ones are hit and miss (Much like Gibson was/is)
The PRS's that I picked up ( McCarty and CE24) were perfect right out of the box, and only after two years needed a quick tweak of the truss rod and some minor fret dressing and they are just the same as the day they went to work. Cheers!

most any prs is a lot closer to perfect imo and its a little weird to compare a whole company to 1 guitar

na said:
Hi every body,anu one can tell me,which guitar es the most perfect,Gibson Lp or prs guitar.thanks

It depends on what you like. No guitar is perfect for everyone.

+1 for Hamer again just because I've lusted after a Monaco Superpro for so long. Other than that, probably a Talledega even though I don't like the 4 way switch. is it 4 or 5?

PRS has better quality control than Gibson. So you can find a better quality PRS more often than a good example of a Gibson.

But they are two very, very different makes of guitars. Please research each kind. They are very different guitars with too many differences to list here.

It certainly depends on what sound you're after. I use to have a late 80's Gibson Custom and loved that guitar to death. Wish I would never gotten rid of it. Long story short, I got a PRS custom 22 a few years ago, looking for that sound (I had heard too many bad stories about Gibson quality lately). I hated the PRS and got rid of it, probably should have gone for a single cut instead. But then I discovered David Thomas McNaught, and haven't looked back. Finest guitar I have ever owned or played. Worth taking a look at if you can swing the $$.

Anyway, I have heard great things about Heritage and Hamer, but have no experience with either.

I have owned Heritage, Hamer, Gibson and PRS. I still own Gibsons, Hamers and PRS.

Elpelotero said:
PRS has better quality control than Gibson. So you can find a better quality PRS more often than a good example of a Gibson.

But they are two very, very different makes of guitars. Please research each kind. They are very different guitars with too many differences to list here.

+1

In the past 5 or 6 years, I haven't picked up a Gibson that didn't have some sort of issue. To the point where I won't even bother picking one up anymore. However, when they are spot on, they are good. Overpriced IMO though.

PRSi, otoh, have been pretty consistent for me. I'm comfortable with nearly every one that I pick up.

Given the 2 choices, I would go with PRS. Which explains why I own one, and not a Gibson.

Back