Getting High Gain out of Lone Star

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried the BB pedal out at a store and it sounded nothing like what I heard online.....maybe the battery was going dead. At the time I just the pedal didn't sound very good.

Need to back and try another one. I ended up walking out with a Keeley Modded Blues Driver....sounds fantastic with my LP but not that hot with my Tele.

My OCD sounds great with both guitars though.

jjboogie said:
My OCD sounds great with both guitars though.
Cannot agree more on this, mine (v3) sounds GREAT with the LSC! I wouldn't really call "high gain" what comes out, but it's still a pretty hot overdriven tone.

great insights/observations in this thread. heres my 2 cents.
i have had my LS since october and have been gigging it a lot (i play full time so thats no wonder) Stylistically i am all over the board; Blues, Rock, R&B, Funk,Soul, jazz, fusion,e.t.c.
I have yet to really exploit the potential that resides in Ch2.
I have a bunch of peds that i run into ch 1 and i couldn't be happier at the moment!
A Keeley modded BD-2 which i have set for more boost/tone effect than OD but has a little hair around the edges but cleans up well when gtr vol knob turned down
My Fulltone OCD has been a go to tone machine for me and is no exception with the LS. My so called Marshall in a box gives me a killer SRV-esque bluesy neck pup tone. great crunchy rhythm and solo tone too drive about 12:00 and LP setting.
My big solo tone is a Radial Tonebone Classic. Big, fat, articulate and expressive high gain (relatively speaking) tone.
i am still trying to decide what to do with Ch 2 but an ongoing experiment is to set this ch up for my humbucker guitars to brighten them up just a tad. I use my TA Tele to great effect in ch 1 as this amp compared to my previous fenders is a bit darker but in a sweet super musical way.
(If you are interested in pics of the rig and harem i can post them. i would have now but photobucket is down for maint right now.)
2010-01-2111-01-23_0021.jpg

Looking forward to your thoughts and comments
ADAM

I use ch2 a couple of different ways one with the drive not engaged and the other with it engaged.
Without is low gain just bluesy lead and rhythm.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7721826 Edit: Link is lost

With the drive engaged this is about as tight as I can get it. Theres actually a lot of gain but the tone stack determines what you can do with it. Sorry about the out notes, questionable phrasing and timing. This is just ch2 with no pedals. Guitar plugged straight in.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8591153 Edit: Link is lost

Lost cause,

nice sound clips and very cool playing. I really need to spend some more gig time with ch2
Keep rockin'!

adam

HeyRey said:
Lost cause,

nice sound clips and very cool playing. I really need to spend some more gig time with ch2
Keep rockin'!

adam
Adam,
Thanks. Appreciate your kind words. I have a long way to go to be where I want to be and not the time to get there.
Ive visited your site a few times, checked out your gear and music. Really like your style and tones. Gives me something to work towards. Thanks.

Jeff

Back