Getting a good lead sound AT GIGGING LEVELS with my dual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AriBoiangiu

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Ari, and I was lucky enough to find a dual rec rackmount last december which instantly became my gigging amp since then (I gig about 150 times a year). I wanted to know from all of you out there who actually GIG with rectifiers-what settings do you use for leads, and what pedals do you throw in front as far as noise suppressors and overdrives? I will say that I switched to el34L's a couple of weeks ago and the mids they added definately put my sound out in the room better, but the clean channel suffered. If anyone here has any other experience getting a great high gain lead tone (ala satch, petrucci, etc.) but WITH A BAND, please let me know! Thanks,
Ari

These are the settings I use on my 3 channel......use it for both rythmn and solo....though I do throw in a wah pedal or Keeley SD-1 for a little more saturation if need be.

6L6 tubes
Tube rectifier
Bold

Channel 3: Modern
Presence: 10 o'clock
Master: 12 o'clock
Gain: 2-3 o'clock
Bass: 12:30
Mids: 2 o'clock
Treble: 10 o'clock

With these settings, though they are a bit different from your everyday recto settings, you still get the huge in your face thump, but the mids also start to take their place...much more defined, and all the harshness that can be brought by the treble is gone!

thanks so much, I'll try these out on sunday-where do you have the noise decimator in your chain, btw?
Anyone out there GIG with a dual rec and el34 tubes? lemme know your settings and if u use overdrive....Ari

the best lead setting i've found on my 3ch dual rec:

they sound very smooth. when you roll down the volume they are santana-like. when you put volume halfway, dare i say old metallica-like smooth, then with full volume they're still smooth but have some very nice bite! use neck pickup preferably, or bridge for extra bite. i use rectifier tubes and bold. Spongy may sound sweeter, try it out.

Latest posts

Back