Get rid of Tube Rattle

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes they do. I ended up a set of Hal-o's a while back. They're a little less money. http://herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net/

Brewski said:
Yes they do. I ended up a set of Hal-o's a while back. They're a little less money. http://herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net/

Interesting.... From you exprecience, do these things really work?

Hmmm... Tube rattle solution..ok I'll buy that but...
stabilize the operating temperature of the tube’s filaments
I don't think so. C'mon folks...what's between the glass and the filament? A Vacuum!!!! there's no chance in hell those titanium rings are going to do anything to the filaments.

rippingrudy said:
This is bullshit voodoo. Another way to get in your pocket.

The rest of the promises, I agree. I'm talking about rattle only.

Brewski's like looks good too.

brianf

I found that they do help a bit. They focus and define the sound a little better. The difference is not night and day, like wow I have a new amp. I was given the recommendation for the Halo's by Bob at Eurotubes. He said that he has been testing a product that he may endorse, as well, offer on his site.

I'm no expert and don't claim to be. So, take the info with a grain of salt.

Yeah, that whole stabilizing the temperature of the filament, bullshit. I only see those helping with actual mechanical vibration of the tube, nothing more. Come to think of it, I might want to try using different metals to see the affects it has on the tubes....hm.....devious mad scientist thoughts running rampant.

Good Morning Gents,
I got rid of any tube rattles in my Mk1 reissue by adding spring type retainers to the 6l6's and using a 3/4" band of heat shrink i bought from home depot.
I wrapped it around the middle of the tube and now they are no longer an issue.

Not a new idea but an effective one.
Total cost $3.00

steve

drunkdolphin said:
Good Morning Gents,
I got rid of any tube rattles in my Mk1 reissue by adding spring type retainers to the 6l6's and using a 3/4" band of heat shrink i bought from home depot.
I wrapped it around the middle of the tube and now they are no longer an issue.

Not a new idea but an effective one.
Total cost $3.00

steve

Can you post a photo? Sounds like a good trick. I hate tube rattle!!!!!

Thanks

brianf

A heavy O-Ring would work just as well.. with much less cost. Granted, it wouldn't be designed for tubes, but its your money.

I have friends into high end audio and they use high temp o-rings. If you go to some hifi stores they sell "special o-rings" for big bucks. It must be the expensive bag they put them in. LOL If you want to stop the majority of tube rattle get a head and don't put it on the speaker cab, isolate it as best as possible.

Ken j said:
If you want to stop the majority of tube rattle get a head and don't put it on the speaker cab, isolate it as best as possible.

Agreed, I rarly have the problem on a head, even if it sits on the cab. It's always on a combo.

brianf

Back