Genz-Benz G-flex Users?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShawnyC

Reaction score
I am running a Marshall 2x12 1936 lead speaker cab (16ohm) out of my 8 ohm out on my single rec. I am looking at a used G-flex cab locally. Doing some footwork I found the cab has 4ohm mono and 8ohm stereo inputs. Which I am assuming are single inputs but not sure.
Anybody use one of these and how do run it? I fell asleep during ohms law in school (actually i slept alot in school). I'm disenchanted with marshall cab primarily due to speakers and the ohm mismatch. I have had local shops say they could rewire my cab for 8 ohms and sell me some replacement speakers <wink wink $$) but have a case of g.a.s. and might just pick up a different cab if it's affordable i.e. less than new/used mesa cab. Hence the g-flex thread.
Shawn

Regarding the ohms, a 4 ohm 212 is two 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel. If you wire them in series it becomes an 16 ohm cab. It's an easy switch with just a couple of reconnection's. If you look at the manuals on Mesa's site it shows you how they should be wired. I had a G-flex and liked it but it was just a little "boomy" for me. It's ported and had just a little too much bass for me and my style of music. There are some great cabs out there. If you have the money then the Mills Acoustic is great. I heard one last weekend and was impressed. I recently added an Avatar Vintage 212 to my collection with CL80's and am really happy with it. Has great tonal tonal qualities across the spectrum and has a good build quality.

Back