GCX, Ground Control, G-major and two heads

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hectitor

Reaction score
Heyyy
I have GCX, GCP, g-major,triple rectifier and Laney Vh 100R. but when I wanna use the triple rectifier external switching to link with GCX, the channel 2 is active always, thats ok? I can only change CH1, CH3, SOLO,but Ch2 is always ON,only turns off when y select CH1, CH3 or solo option, thats ok?? there is another way to change the channels?? I heard about a custom cable to Recto´s Footswith midi in, how I can do this???I use g-major with special cable to amp switching, how should I made my conections??

That's how the external switching on the rectifier works if I remember correctly. You should have the selector on the back switched to footswitch, and then do the external switching via the GCX and jacks.

The G-Major can be controlled with a MIDI cable from the GCX to the unit....you can then use CC messages from the GCP to control the G-Major.

If you want to work with a custom cable, you can, but you'll been some sort of an interface, such as the RJM Amp Gizmo, or Axxess Electronics unit if you look on the used market. IMO, this is only worth it if you run out of loops on the GCX, as both options work exactly the same.

Eric

Thnx!!! I can switch the recto´s channels with GCX, but mi question is, Is normal the CH2 be always turned on if the footsitch is not conected to the head? If it is, why the head have the CH2 external jack? then it is useless!!!
thx

Do you have the back selector switched to the 'Footswitch' Setting?

It's been a LONG time since I owned a 3 channel, but I remember it defaulting to channel 2. It's a good idea IMO...one less function you need a loop to switch.

Eric

Latest posts

Back