GC employees

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey RR, Yeah, same one. It's still on Stevens Creek, but it's on the corner of San Tomas and Steven's Creek. It's kiddie corner from Barnes & Noble. The big white building. I think that it used to be a furniture store.

It's a much bigger place, and they had some specials going, but you couldn't get anyone that would even attempt to help you. They must've either kept the lousy ones or the good one's shift hadn't started yet. Guitar Showcase just looks better and better.

At least most of the guys are friendly and are willing to help you there. I've always had pretty good service there. When I can afford that next guitar, you can bet who will get my money.

Thanks Brewski:

So if I get to Saratoga Ave. I've pass it. Isn't Saratoga Ave / Steven Creeks has an Adult Books store like on the corner. Starving Musician also has a neigboring "store".
4_18_4.gif

Yeah, Guitar Showcase is pretty cool. Although its a bit "highway robbery" when selling things on consignment (20% ugh).

But that's why Guitar Showcase is MESA Authorized dealer and Guitar Center in Santa Clara is not.

Thanks Brewski:

So if I get to Saratoga Ave. I've pass it. Isn't Saratoga Ave / Steven Creeks has an Adult Books store like on the corner. Starving Musician also has a neigboring "store".

RR,
If you were getting off of 280 onto Saratoga, toward Stevens Creek, then took a right on Stevens Creek, it'd be several blocks on your left. You'd make a U-turn at San Tomas. I think that would be faster than trying to come up Stevens Creek from 880. They did have a number of one day sales on gear.

Yep, the adult bookstore is at Saratoga and Stevens Creek.

I can sympathize with you about the lame parking thing. I guess people just don't realize what kind of person drives a lifted truck. I have climbed up on top of people's cars and given them nice dings on top of their cars from my doors and scratches from my construction boots. I think it is funny when someone tries to kick my tires too. I try to keep them clean so there is always a little wet something coating the sidewalls. I have at times used black shoe polish so their pretty little sneakers get all black. I think the funniest one is the guy that thought I was trying to run him over at the bank. He darted out from between two cars and he was below my hood so I couldn't see him. He jumped back screaming and hollering. I backed up as he was jumping up and down to see me through the window and he jumped up into my mirror. I told him that was the second time he screwed up and he should quit while he was ahead. He left bitter and gave me the evil eye the whole time I was in the bank. I go to leave after blowing everything off and there is a nail in my tire. As a carpenter I know my nails. I noticed that it was a 2 1/2 inch nail. I looked at it and smiled. The guy thought he was giving me a flat tire. Dummy put it in the top of a lug in my mudder.... I pulled it out and started laughing. He probably had to really push it in too those lugs are solid vulcanized rubber. He was just lucky I didn't catch him. I would have beat him for GP then laughed at him because he was such a dumbass.

I like the people that think they are going to try to scare you by swerving at you too. I usually just keep driving. If they were stupid enough to swerve into me they are stupid enough to deserve the big zipper tire marks they will receive. I have had someone slam their brakes though. That is no fun in a big truck. People don't seem to realize that although you may appear closer than you are, you are really 3 feet further than what they think.

I did accidentally monster truck one of my employee's cars though. I had heard and felt a little something while backing up but I thought it was the sage across the street. I couldn't see the little car over my tailgate and it was parked where I couldn't see it from my mirrors. Believing that I was crushing sage I gave it a little more. This time it was metallic and plastic sounding crunches. I hopped out and saw my differential in the middle of the hood and the hitch had almost taken out the windshield. I couldn't believe my eyes so I called him over to ask him if he could explain to me what I was seeing. I tried to lighten the mood and asked why he parked under there but I think he was more concerned about what to tell his mom as it was her car.... DOH!!!! Two days prior he had parked in the same spot and got his car t-boned by the neighbor's babysitter. You'd think the experience would teach you something. I know I learned my lesson. Make sure you know for a fact it is only a bush you are plowing...

Yeah, Guitar Showcase is pretty cool. Although its a bit "highway robbery" when selling things on consignment (20% ugh).

But that's why Guitar Showcase is MESA Authorized dealer and Guitar Center in Santa Clara is not.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying about consignment, but that's true of just about any place you'd put something on consignment. There's always Craig's List to sell your used gear. As a whole though, GS is a much more pleasant experience than this particular GC. I'm not capping on every GC employee. There are a couple of guys who have been nice to deal with, but unfortunately, I didn't see them at the new store. It would seem to me that if you are doing a Grand Opening, you'd want to make people feel welcome, with the new start and all. I guess that by not saying "hello" or "What can I help you find?" is supposed to give them that "cool" edge. At least you would've been acknowledged and given the option to receive help or be left alone, especially in a new store, where the inventory is all moved around.

I've watched the Guitar Showcase staff work with people from experienced musicians to parents bringing in their kids, and they are very consistent at being helpful, respectful, and pleasant. I bought a Strat there, over the last year, and they set it up at no additional charge. That's only one example of a lot of little things that they've done to earn my business. And like you said, because they are a quality outfit, they're a Mesa Authorized dealer.

When you look at the contrast of those two particular stores, I just know which one I'd rather support. There are times when you just want to go in and look, and others when you large purchases, but over time, it adds up to quite a bit out of your pocket.

I wonder how many GC employees are actually musician's themselves? I'm under the impression that the sales staff there (most of them anyways) act as if they might as well be working at a Best Buy, Foot Locker, Office Depot or Wal Mart for that matter. Or maybe GC hire's people on the basis on how "hip" & "emo" they look like, thinking that 13 y/o Jonny will be enamoured by buying his first guitar from a guy that looks like he might be a rockstar.

I have had too many of the same experiences. I bet we can write a novel on Guitar Center experiences!

I don't work at one but I become one when shopping on busy days. Customers, like me, walk up and ask me questions! I just smile, tell them I don't work here but give them the best answer I can. I have been told many times I am much more helpful!
Where are all the employees? Talking to there buds like a bunch of girls about how they got **** faced last night or about a new tattoo they got.

OMG! the parking is lame!!! I have a 73 Monte Carlo. The doors on it must weight 200 pounds of good American steel! and are almost 5 feet long. Its hard for me to get in and out of my car even when someone parks right.
I walk back to my car from a bad day in Guitar Center (long story). This punk kid is getting out of his dads new BMW and is clearly way too close. I asked him to move his car over so I can get in my car. He turns and looks at his park job "It's ok just get in the passengers side" and pats me on the shoulder. I was pissed! I replied "your right!". Now I could squeeze through on the drivers side, but couldn't open the door so went through the passenger side.
Once I crawled in the drivers seat, and stewing in my anger! I look over my left shoulder and grinned...I open my door plowing it into his car a good 20 times as hard as I could, yelling every swear word I could think of! When the smoke cleared I could now get in and out of the drivers side. Wow! I felt better! I started my car a left.
My car door was fine just a little paint damage, but his...

Now I'm no bad *** Clint Eastwood but you can only take a man so far. Guitar Center defiantly has the good, the bad, and the ugly!

I look over my left shoulder and grinned...I open my door plowing it into his car a good 20 times as hard as I could, yelling every swear word I could think of! When the smoke cleared I could now get in and out of the drivers side. Wow! I felt better! I started my car a left. "

I can't help but wonder, could these same people, who parked so close, have possibly been going in for a job interview? :lol:

MetalMatt said:
... This punk kid is getting out of his dads new BMW and is clearly way too close. I asked him to move his car over so I can get in my car. He turns and looks at his park job "It's ok just get in the passengers side" and pats me on the shoulder. I was pissed! I replied "your right!". Now I could squeeze through on the drivers side, but couldn't open the door so went through the passenger side.
Once I crawled in the drivers seat, and stewing in my anger! I look over my left shoulder and grinned...I open my door plowing it into his car a good 20 times as hard as I could, yelling every swear word I could think of! When the smoke cleared I could now get in and out of the drivers side. Wow! I felt better! I started my car a left.
My car door was fine just a little paint damage, but his...
36_11_6.gif

Note to self [ SNL Norm McDonald]:

"When visiting Bay Area Guitar Center, leave Lexus home, drive '85 F150 Ford truck instead. May have to use it for customer(s) that refuse to park straight."

Note to self [ SNL Norm McDonald]:

"When visiting Bay Area Guitar Center, leave Lexus home, drive '85 F150 Ford truck instead. May have to use it for customer(s) that refuse to park straight."

:lol: Always bring the right tool for the right job!

My GC is fairly new. I don't really mind shopping there, but I go there so often, the guys have almost given up trying to sell me the stuff they'll get more comission for. Unfortunately, they don't carry Boogie as the local price-gouger is within the mileage range. They sure always have some nice EBMMs, though.

It's never busy, so noone even parks in the spot next to someone. That's probably different on a holiday or other one-day sale, but I haven't hit one of those up yet.

nocluejimbo said:
My GC is fairly new. I don't really mind shopping there, but I go there so often, the guys have almost given up trying to sell me the stuff they'll get more comission for. Unfortunately, they don't carry Boogie as the local price-gouger is within the mileage range. They sure always have some nice EBMMs, though.

It's never busy, so noone even parks in the spot next to someone. That's probably different on a holiday or other one-day sale, but I haven't hit one of those up yet.

Do you go to the one in Independence or Overland Park? I go to the one in Independence about a couple times a month....I've only been to the O.P. location once (I don't like going to Johnson Cnty KS) once. The one in Independence seems to have adequate parking, being that it used to be a "Just For Feet"

eldi said:
nocluejimbo said:

Do you go to the one in Independence or Overland Park? I go to the one in Independence about a couple times a month....I've only been to the O.P. location once (I don't like going to Johnson Cnty KS) once. The one in Independence seems to have adequate parking, being that it used to be a "Just For Feet"

I go to the O.P. store. I live about 10 minutes north of there, so it's too easy to run by. Never been to the Independence store, seems kind of far away.

The Overland Park store was a Just For Feet as well. I remember they had half of a basketball court in there. That was about the only good thing about that store.

nocluejimbo said:
eldi said:
nocluejimbo said:

I go to the O.P. store. I live about 10 minutes north of there, so it's too easy to run by. Never been to the Independence store, seems kind of far away.

The Overland Park store was a Just For Feet as well. I remember they had half of a basketball court in there. That was about the only good thing about that store.

Don't forget the armed security guard that they used to have at the door, or was that just at the old Bannister Rd Just for Feet..........

Latest posts

Back