GAS relief: All I need "for now" See pic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pageburst

Reaction score
P1010030.jpg

Lonestar el34L, Gibson R7, R0/G0 and a JV Strat. I'm finally hearing the various nuances in my guitars. The resolution on the Lonestar is phenonemenal and it still sounds sweet.

Nice R7 and R0, got an R8 myself!

I bet the Vaughan strat just slays with that LSC!

Good choice on the EL34L's, love them myself.

Thanks, I have to give kudos for Fender on that one. I was actually looking to buy a CS62 or an EJ and on a buddies recommendation I also tried the JV Strat. While all of the strats played and sounded fanstastic, the JV is an absolute steal at the price.

I wish Gibson had a similar ultimate bang for the buck product, IE an LP special with long neck tenon and burst buckers for $975. Unfortunately I was never happy with the production line Gibsons which is why I had to go for the custom shop models.

I think Fender is a little more sympathetic to the working musician. Ofcourse strats are far easier to build than LPs

With regards to the Mesa I absolutely love this amp. I wish I bought it sooner. It would also appear that Mesa is a company with strong customer support. It's just too bad they have an unfriendly tube policy which I think hurts their credibility a bit. I mean Randall smith must still have his hearing and putting in a hot set of JJs make these amps shine. Penny wise dollar foolish policy imo.

Man, that is a thing of beauty.

How do the EL34L's sound in comparison to the 6L6 tubes on the clean channel?

After taking some time to dial it in, I got beautiful Fendery bf & tweed cleans with plenty of high end sparkle.

I haven't played the amp very loud yet,so I can't attest to clean headrom; however, at moderate levels, the cleans have been very impressive with the el34L; and of course the crunch/drive sounds plexi good.

Latest posts

Back