Gah....stiletto took a dump today.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicbox

Reaction score
Got the stiletto cranking today as we're having a few trees felled and the saws and chipper cover up the noise..played for about 5 mintues at about 2:00 on the volume dial through a 1960a, and it just shut down. Fuse is toast, one of the rectifier tubes looks the same as the one that guy posted, the glass is black on the bottom. PLUS, no one local has 2amp slowblow's rated for a high enough voltage. Now I gotta drive into town to find one...hopefully just the recto tube...

oddly enough, when i emailed mesa about that black tube they told me that it was normal. i was surprised to say the least, but the only thing that kept me from disbelieving that statement was that he said the amp would fuse out if the tube was bad, and it has not fused out.

wellp...threw in a new fuse, and it's playing fine.... :? best advice boogie gave me was try to make it happen again. ha...we'll see. hopefully everything is fine.

Latest posts

Back