G System vs. Prophecy

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe187

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I know the Rocktron Prophesy is an older pre, although they just did release a new set of sounds for it. I have one that is about a year old. Is there an enormous difference between it and the G System? Enough to shell out the cash? I know I could probably sell the Prophesy for decent scratch, and that would help, but I would still need to come up with the better part of a grand. Is it worth it?

I am playing into a 2x50 and two Recto cabs. I play in a couple of Alternative cover bands and need a broad range of tones. I also have a Roadster combo with an Expression.

Thanks in advance

Joe

G-system is to me more suited for use with a combo or head with an effects loop, you can use all the options better,The Prophesy I used it with a power amp it seemed to work better because of the preamp it has...the Gsystem has none a preamp that is just me 2 cents and that all it is hope this helps you guy's :)

G-system is to me more suited for use with a combo or head with an effects loop, you can use all the options better,The Prophesy I used it with a power amp it seemed to work better because of the preamp it has...the Gsystem has none a preamp that is just me 2 cents and that all it is hope this helps you guy's :)

Back