G-Major with Mark IV/Pros and Cons

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpoon

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a G-Major for my Mark IV.
Do the effects sound good with the Mark IV? I heard there are a few bugs in the unit, should I think twice about getting it? Is the G-System worth the $1500 or is the G-Major still good enough? And finally, is the G-Major made for a guitarist who wants to perfect his/her tone or is it just an effects processor designed for people who jam in a garage and don't really care but just want effects if you know what I mean.

If you can, some recordings and clips are appreciated. I don't need the clips of the artists playing such as on the TC Electronics website, I already seen them (which are awesome), I just want to hear how it sounds like through a Mark IV. Thanks. :)

The G-Major works well with the Mark IV, IMO. I don't notice much (if any) tone suckage at all. It is geared more towards a semi-pro player rather than a garage band player. I'll try to get some clips recorded for you tonight. Is there anything in particular you're wanting to hear?

Hey thanks for the reply. Just mess around with the clips or show off some if not all the effects. I'm curious about the detune effect and of course the popular chorus, delay, and reverb.

Okay, got some samples recorded. Recording chain is as follows:
Mark IV -> G-Major output -> PC

Only post-processing was Voxengo PristineSpace for cab simulation.
Sample starts with effects bypassed, then goes through some random factory presets. Please don't pay attention to the playing, I only spent about 5 min. recording it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2jtx2yjkmym

Let me know if you need anything else.

Latest posts

Back