G Major thru effects loop in dual rectifier TREMOVERB (g-ma

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webstersp

Reaction score
Just bought the tremoverb head on ebay, should be here in the next few days.
I'm considering buying the G-major or G-major II but really not sure about this because of the parallel effect loop
of the tremoverb. Some say to mod it to a serial some says don't do this becasue the effect loop
would always be on...
I really want to add a rack of effect to my gear and don'w want to have lots of pedals in front of me...
So I'm asking all of you tremoverb user, or any mesa+g-major amp that have parallel loop.
Should I mod the loop? (if yes can you tell me where to find that schema?)
Find another effect rack or keep it as it is ?

The G major should have a Wet only output setting. I know my old G-Force did, but I can't remember for sure if the G-Major does. That would let you use the parallel loop as it was intended. BTW, even with a parallel loop, the loop is always "on". The only way to completely remove the loop from the signal chain is to use the Loop Bypass setting on the Loops Select control on the back panel, which also disables the "Loop Active Master" control on the front. With the quality of AD/DA converters and signal processing in the G-Major, I doubt you'd be able to really hear a difference between the serial and parallel configurations. Serial loops are just MUCH easier to use. It's an easy mod and could be just as easily reversed if you decided you didn't like it.

Latest posts

Back