G major or Intelliflex with a MK IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick_cor

Reaction score
Hello everyone I own a G major, never really use it because it colors the tone alot to the point that I put it away.

I've never heard a intelliflex and I was wondering if someone could post clips of the effects units quality and to tell me about it.

How does it compar to the g major in quality and colouratoin. The G major did everything I want, cool delays, phaser , except no intelligent pitch shifting. So what I'm looking for is another cheap unit that is more transparent with my MK IV and is in stereo, and has midi and I heard that it has the HUSH on it which is quit good for elimiting noise, but im not sure, anyways ..

what I need

- Delay ( really good though )
- Chorus
- Reverb
- Pitch detune

What I want

- Intelligent pitch shift /harmonizer
- phaser
- flanger

thanks for all the info!

Nick, I'll bump this thread for you because I'm looking for the same thing.

Anyone have a successful setup with a stereo rack unit that doesn't color the sound too much?

I tried my Vetta II as an effects only unit unit last night (overkill I know). The left channel went to the Mark IV and the right channel went into my DC-5. I ran into phase problems for some reason. I'll have to troubleshoot the problem later.

I've heard someone on this board used a Vetta with their Mark IV as an effect unit with success.

I really am in the market for an effects rack that can do the same effects your asking about. I am willing to spend a little more though.

intellifex doesn't color your tone.
Both units sound very the same except for intellifex chorus wich is a lot better than gmajor.
In both units pitch is awful.For pitch buy an Eventide.

sombra said:
intellifex doesn't color your tone.
Both units sound very the same except for intellifex chorus wich is a lot better than gmajor.
In both units pitch is awful.For pitch buy an Eventide.

Hey sombra, the thing is, i don't care much for the quality of the pitch as long as it's transparent and is an intelligent harmonizer and cheap. My band is doing a dream theater cover, the song fatal tragedy and theres little parts where I need the harmonizer, it'll be with chorus and delay so it'll sound cheesy either way, anyways please let me know more about the intelliflex!~

I have a G Major, the original Intellifex along with the silverface LTD. Intellifex. I use the gmajor and the blackface Intellifex together in my rack . Wired in series the Gmajor is a tone sucker for sure. If thats the way your going then you will be much better off with the Intellifex. Its not nearly the tone sucker the gmajor is. If your going parallel then they are both about the same. I use the Gmajor for my delays and the Intellifex for chorus'. The pitch isnt really that good in both but I would say the Rocktron has a slight edge of the TC unit. YMMV. :wink: Hope that helps.

Hey sombra, the thing is, i don't care much for the quality of the pitch as long as it's transparent and is an intelligent harmonizer and cheap. My band is doing a dream theater cover, the song fatal tragedy and theres little parts where I need the harmonizer, it'll be with chorus and delay so it'll sound cheesy either way, anyways please let me know more about the intelliflex!~[/quote]

None of units has intelligent harmonizer.
You can choose the note for example a minor third but you CANNOT choose the scale so it isn't intelligent.
It always playing a minor third without following the harmony you're using.IPS 33 from digitech you can choose the scales,it is the only cheap unit where the pitch is intelligent.
If I have to choose between gmajor and intellifex without a doubt I'll go for intellifex or xpression . :wink:

thanks everyone ! I think i'm just going to save my money up and buy a TC G system, i have a Mark IV and i would like to have enough relays to switch. plus later on when i get a mark IV rack head i'll get a relay/midi switcher so i can have enough relays to switch my future mark IIC+s and stuff :D

Latest posts

Back