G&L's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an ASAT Classic Semi-Hollow, but it's from the imported Tribute series. Sounds and plays great, but the electronics needed an upgrade. Still, an excellent guitar, almost as good as the Americans.

I worked for a dealer that sold G&L in the '80s. If they ever made a bad guitar, I haven't picked it up.

My next acquisition could very well be an ASAT semi. Could be the bluesboy configuration or else one with those p90-style pups. #4 neck. 8)

I plan a Mark IV combo with a texas strat. I love my sound so much, I really don't even want to think about a new guitar.

Still, I do want a backup / alternative guitar and the G&L ASAT Z-3 hollowbody looks like it may be the one.

Really hard to find a used one though.

I have 3, two of them I bought them very cheap (500 each plus tax) in '99 brand new but that was because very good luck, then I bought from a friend another at 750 that is also in new condition, great guitars, and I love them, but now I prefer Music Man.

Played with Fender super reverb and my Maverick 4x10, great tone.

I have a mid 90's G&L S500 that plays like a dream. I also have a '91 Strat Deluxe Plus, and the G&L is worlds better than the Strat in every respect!

I've got a '99 S500 that I picked up used for around $600. I love it. Plays like butter, feels great, and sounds great (very versatile, especially with the PBT system and the mini-toggle for extra pup combinations).

I also own a Tribute ASAT Special semi-hollow. Bought it used for $400. Everything on it is top-notch, except the fretwork. I absolutely LOVE the sounds from this guitar. I'll eventually take it in for a good fret job. For the $$$, an outstanding guitar. Maybe someday I'll get the American-made version, but I don't have a spare $1300 laying around...

I bought one G&L ASAT Classic Leo Fender Signature Model new & cheap but it was from a friend that owned a music shop. I was the only one to ever touch it as I opened the box from G&L. I sold it about a year and a half later in absolutely mint condition. I regretted it for years. That was a really sweet guitar. I recently got it back for what I would consider cheap as it was still in near mint condition with it's original hardshell case plastic still on latches and all the case candy as I left it years ago.

Latest posts

Back