G-force and triaxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tramp

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sure this topic has been raised somewhere but could someone give me the best placement for a G-Force (in out effects loop etc) as I have just bought one to replace my xpression, and would value your opinion

Regards & Cheers

Tramp

http://www.dropzone-v1.co.uk/

Triaxis
20/20
Boogie Trad 4*12 Rectifier Cab
G-force (with G-Card)
Rocktron Midimate
Parker Fly Delux
US Fender 'Malmsteen
1988 US Jackson Dinky
US Fender anniverasy Strat
Peavey Quilt top Wolfgang US

Cheers! Also I believe I have to tell the G-Force wether it's serial or parallel, just asking as I havnt recieved the unit yet and am trying to prepare myself!

Why out the loop???

Regards

Tramp

all personal preference. i found that mine worked best in the loop. some other people here will say it sounds the best out of the loop. in the end, you will have to put it in and find out if it sounds good for you or not. trial and error, my friend :p

And I thought mine sounded best in series. Transparency in the chain is one of the unit's hallmarks.

Plus, I liked to use the loop to switch a eq in and out ala Mk series.

I prefer on the loop for a tech matter, the g-force hadn´t a real bypass, so even you select the bypass on the g-force the signal is guided through the ADC-DAC converters, it loose a bit of feels. On the other hand getting the g-force on the loop you could do a real optoacopleur bypass by the triaxis, no signal is drive through the converters and even you also have the 5th tube to warm the signal of the gforce. My vote is for the loop fx

Rayder said:
all personal preference. i found that mine worked best in the loop. some other people here will say it sounds the best out of the loop. in the end, you will have to put it in and find out if it sounds good for you or not. trial and error, my friend :p

Well if it means anything, the manufacturer of the G-Force, TC Electronic, goes as far as stating in the manual that the best setup is "Series (out of the loop)" configuration. :shock:

Yup, the boys from TC finally got back to me and said 'out' the loop is best...........But I'll see soon enough I guess!

Thanx for the input guys.

tramp

IMO, the BEST way to run a G-Force is in parallel through a line mixer with killdry enabled.

Latest posts

Back