FX switcher for Roadster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golden1984

Reaction score
Hello.

I need something to run boost pedal when using channels 2, 3&4 and to run compressor and chorus on channels 1& sometimes 2.
Any sugestions?

I think you posted a similar thread the other day wanting to change channels and use different effects per channel etc. It seems July threads have disappeared.

If it was you, I did reply.

Here goes (again)....

To change channels and use different effects simultaneously with a 'one click' approach, you need:

1. Similar to a RJM Mini Amp Gizmo (this will change channels and other amp functions such as reverb)
2. A loop switcher similar to a Rocktron Loop 8 (RJM have one, too)
3. A midi foot controller.

Connect all via midi. Program the units to switch channels (and other amp functions) and what loops you want in or out and store in a preset.

With the loop switcher, you can organise to split the loops in groups, say 4-4. This will allow 4 loops in the amp's effect loop and 4 out front. You can group in 2-6, 3-5, 5-3, 6-2.... you get the idea.

With the loop switcher, you can have any combination of loops. eg. L1+L8, or L2+L3+L5, or L2+L6+L8 and so on. Just remember to organise the effects pedals in proper order when you hook things up in the loop switcher. For example:

L1, L2 and L3 with be used at front of amp
L1 = Compressor
L2 = Overdrive
L3 = EQ

In amp's effects loop:
L4 = Chorus
L5 = Delay
L6 = EQ
L7 = Reverb

L8 = Spare

If the pedals are hooked up properly in the loop switcher's In/Out and Send/Return jacks, the guitar signal will flow from L1 to L7. You can hook it up differently but this is just an example.

There's nothing stopping you having a chain of effects pedals in one loop, either. For example:
L1 = Wah and Distortion
L2 = Overdrive and EQ
L3 = Compressor and Boost

You can do anything you want if it makes sense.

Jump on youtube. There's plenty there.

-B

Thank you Blaklynx!

Yes, it was me and I was wondering what happened to that post...

How about popping when switching channels and fx? Is it posible to make it silent or at least bearable?

Latest posts

Back