FX Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moth

Reaction score
Hey gang. I'm wanting to run an FX Loop and I have no idea how. I've never done anything like this. I'm wanting to run different effects channels. How do I go about putting, say, a Chorus on channel one, and a Tube Screamer on channel three?

Sorry for noob questions,
Thanks,

The Mark V only has a single loop, so you cannot assign different effects to different channels unless you go beyond the amp itself and invest in a switching system. You CAN assign the loop to only be active on one of the channels, but this isn't what you're trying to do. Also, the tube screamer will work best before the amp, not in the loop.

Just visualize the signal flow. Fx send to the input of your effects, output of your effects to fx return.

Keep in mind that the fx loop is sending out the preamped signal, with all your gain and eq settings. The rule of thumb is wah, distortion, overdrives and compressors should run between your guitar and amp. Time based effects like delay and reverb should be in the loop. Modulation effects like chorus, flange and phase can be run either in the loop or into the front of the amp... It's just personal preference, so experiment, and remember that rules are meant to be broken. :D

Back