FX Loop question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newm1ke

Reaction score
Hi guys I've recently got a Triple Rectifier and need some help setting it up.
With my previous amp I have my effects in the FX loop and put the FX-loop-volume on maximum and its all good. I can't quite work out how to do this on Rectifier.

I've got the FX-loop activated on the footswitch, got it set to LOOP ON on the back and the SEND and MIX loops on maximum (All the way clockwise). Solo is off. I'm having trouble even with the manual to work out exactly how to control the volume. What do the solo and output knobs on the front do when its set like this?

Can you guys help me out? Thanks a lot!!
Mike

newm1ke said:
Hi guys I've recently got a Triple Rectifier and need some help setting it up.
With my previous amp I have my effects in the FX loop and put the FX-loop-volume on maximum and its all good. I can't quite work out how to do this on Rectifier.

I've got the FX-loop activated on the footswitch, got it set to LOOP ON on the back and the SEND and MIX loops on maximum (All the way clockwise). Solo is off. I'm having trouble even with the manual to work out exactly how to control the volume. What do the solo and output knobs on the front do when its set like this?

Can you guys help me out? Thanks a lot!!
Mike
what fx are you using? the fx loop is wired parallel and not series. your send and mix should be about 50%. on your fx pedal turn your mix knob to max. any adjustments for your blend should be done at the mix knob on your amp. takes a little tweaking but you will get it. also these amps like to run loud.
your solo knob lets you adjust the amount of boost you need for solos .
the output knob next to the solo knob only works when your fx knob is set to loop on. otherwise it does not work.
hope this helps.

Hi cheers for that. Then taking about the MIX knob.. if this is at 100% is it wrong that i'm still getting some dry signal there at all? One thing I did to experiment is have a tuner in the FX loop... Played with the FX at a reasonable level, then hit the tuner to mute the effected sound and continued playing, and dry sound was still coming out. Surely this shouldnt be the case with the FX Mix at maximum?

newm1ke said:
Hi cheers for that. Then taking about the MIX knob.. if this is at 100% is it wrong that i'm still getting some dry signal there at all? One thing I did to experiment is have a tuner in the FX loop... Played with the FX at a reasonable level, then hit the tuner to mute the effected sound and continued playing, and dry sound was still coming out. Surely this shouldnt be the case with the FX Mix at maximum?
the mix knob on your amp should be around 50% or less. the mix on your fx device should be max. remember the fx loop on the dr are parallel, which means you are adding fx to your dry sound, like a mixing board. some like and some dont. i happen to like it this way.

i use a dig delay and i have my mix knob on the amp barely on , but my mix level on my dig delay pedal is maxed. i then use the output master on the amp as total volume out.

Latest posts

Back