FX loop question?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newm1ke

Reaction score
Hiya guys, this may be an obvious question but I'm interested in getting a dual rectifier amp and wanted to check something bout the FX loop before I got one. When the FX loop is on... can you switch between the amp channels whilst it stays on.

For example say I have a chorus and delay pedal in the FX loop and its clean no distortion, can I use the footswitch to switch to a distortion channel and the FX loop stays on and is now acting on the distortion channel? I assume it can but I was a little confused by the fx-loop controls on the back with separate 'channel 1 channel 2' etc modes

Thanks a lot
Mike

Yes you can.....you can set the loop switch to "loop on" and it stays on all the time. You can set it to bypass and not use it at all, you can assign it to footswitch so that you can turn it on and off as you see fit. Or you can assign it to any one channel. Like say you use the red channel as your main rythm tone with no effects at all and want to use the orange channel as your lead tone with delay.....you'd put the delay in the loop, set the loop switch to ch 2. and then while you play on the red channel you get your dry rythm tone and as soon as you hit the ch 2. button on the switch it's there with the delay and ready to solo.

Oh excellent. thanks a lot for the reply, appreciate it :) assumed it was obvious.. that channel switch at the back threw me. thanks!!

Latest posts

Back