FX Loop question (Please help!)...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daxman73

Reaction score
I have an FX loops question...On an older Dual Recto with a series FX loop, what position should the rear (send level) knob be at?...Maxed, low or somewhere in the middle?...Right now, I've been messing with it around 8 or 9 (it goes from 0 to 10)...It's a pre500 Recto, so I'm not sure that makes a difference...I could really use some advice here...The only thing I use in the loop right now is a Line 6 DL4 Delay and an MXR 10 band eq for a volume boost...Thanx guys.

Now, my old two channel Dual Rec was a Y2K model, with a parallel loop, send & mix levels! So, I'm not sure of the configuration of the older ones, and in fact, would question the validity of a series loop with a send level? A series loop sends the whole preamp signal through the loop, why the send level? No matter, whatever it is, most Rectifier models would designate the straight up, 12 noon, position to be norm! Why not experiment with the different levels: Channel masters, rear panel send level, effects levels, and master output (mix) to achieve a nice balance of effects to signal ratio?

jbird said:
and in fact, would question the validity of a series loop with a send level? A series loop sends the whole preamp signal through the loop, why the send level?

Yes, this series loop is factory and was factory on all early Rectos...It uses the master on the front as a return...I have another question as well...It has a jack for two external switches, one for channel and one for loop...What pedal is used for the external loop on/off switching?...Was there ever a "factory" one?...What kind of switch can I use now to switch on/off the loop?

The external switching is done by a regular latching type of pedal/device! Mesa does sell them, as does Boss. If you have the single button foortswitch for your channel switching, it'll work too, same thing!

Thanx man, that helps a bunch...I still would like some more feedback as to how everybody else runs their two channel Recto FX loop.

Back