FX Loop Mod, What Mesa's Take??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTC-Ax20

Reaction score
Well, I've been looking at effects processor options for my new 3 Channel Dual Rectifier Solo Head, and several folks on here recommend that I do the loop mod. You know, the Parallel to Serial loop mod. I've been doing research into the pros and cons of it and I started thinking. What does Mesa think of this mod? Obviously they had a reason to include a parallel loop instead of the serial loop on the Solo Recto heads, but since everyone seems to hate the parallel, why did they do it? My guess was, it had something to do with the Solo volume control option they wanted to include. Was there no other way wire the loops in series and make the solo boost function work? I think the Roadsters and Road Kings have better loops, so maybe that was a reason to do a "cheaper" loop on these, but it doesn't seem like that would be a more costly option.

Well, if anyone has a schematic on the mod, I'd be interested in the process. What tools are needed?

Cheers

Back