FX Loop Level on the back of Mark V's and Dual Recto's.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean106ESP

Reaction score
Did a search but could not find an answer so any help or explanation would be great.

I am in my ever ending quest for a pristine clean tone with my V and Dual (2012 Recto).

I find that I have to lower the FX loop level on the back in order to get the best clean tone. (Whether or not I am using FX at all) However when I raise the level towards 12 noon, or worse past......I get tons of bad break up. Now with the level lower I get a great clean tone, but over all the amps just kinda feel lacking. On all channels that is.

Anyone else experience this? Where does everyone run their loop levels? I just am not sure if I am doing something else not correct that is causing this nasty break up when the level for FX loop is raised.

Hell, i had my Mark V in the shop for a while because of this and stupid me thought something was fried. The cleans were always horrible until I started playing more with the FX levels,

Thanks in advance!

I leave mine straight up... I don't think youre supposed to run it higher unless your effects unit is needing a hotter signal. I get no problems with breakup at 12.

If you're running your channel volumes higher, and the master volume lower, you are going to run into this because you are pushing the preamp side too hard. Let the power tubes do the heavy lifting.

SteveO said:
If you're running your channel volumes higher, and the master volume lower, you are going to run into this because you are pushing the preamp side too hard. Let the power tubes do the heavy lifting.

Thanks guys.

So I prolly should keep the master volume up............and use the channel volumes to tweak to taste? Still keep the FX level low? Thanks again.

On my Rectos I run the channel master on the loudest channel (usually the Modern one) at 10:00, then adjust the remainder of the channels to balance that channel.

On my Mark V I run the channel master on channel 3 at 9:00 and adjust the remainder of the channels to balance that channel.

I run the channel master on channel 3 about 10:00, channel 2 about 10:30 and channel 1 at 12:00. FX send knob straight up and I have had no problem with overdriving the loop.

Thanks again everyone.

May I ask where you all have your Master Output at?

LOL!! What SD said..I run my Master at about 11:00 it seems to wake the amp up.As far as My FX I leave it at Noon. Don't forget the FX Has it's own tube. Look in the manual on Pg. 62 it is the V6 That controls the return. If you get a constant distorted sound, try a cleaner tube.

Latest posts

Back