Fx loop jump cable

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomprs

Reaction score
Hello!

I've heard about this technique of going from Send to Return with a cable on the Fx loop, without using any pedals in it. Can someone explain me what it is about? I'd like to run the fx loop ON so I can use the general master volume and the solo function of the amp. I've been experimenting with delay pedals a lot but it's only when the Mix knob is set at 100% (Send is set at 50%) that I can really hear the effect through the amp. The drawback is that I don't really like how the amp sounds then. I think I'm just gonna throw my boss DD20 in front of the amp and forget about using the loop with pedals. How do I have to set up the knobs on the back of the amp then? Loop ON or Footswitch? What type of cable do I have to use to jump from Send to Return?

Hope someone can help me ;) I must say that I LOVE my Dual Rectifier but that the fx loop kinda pisses me off.

Cheers!

Thomas.

As far as I know... when there are no plugs in the Send and Return jacks, the signal is connected (jumped) within the amp. So a patch cable will just make this connection longer and is not necessary.
When I use pedals in the loop I set the level of the pedal to the max. This way you can use the Return knob to mix the dry and wet signal. (RTFM on this btw :mrgreen: )

Just a thought: Pre-amp tube 4 in your amp is for the FX-loop, maybe this one is never replaced and worn out?

Cheers 8)

I will definitely check the pre-amp tube. It's never been changed and it's a 2004 dual rec! Any reco on which tube to use in V4?

Thanks!

Tom.

All my pre-amp tubes are Tung Sol 12AX7's... Some guys like to put a lower gain tube in V4 like a 12AY7, this is supposed to sound better and more clean. As for brands; I tried many pre-amp tubes and like the Tung Sol's best. Chinese tubes tend to have more grain (no typo) than others to my ears.

Back