FX Loop Cables (amp side) - Right Angle or Straight?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eltrain858

Reaction score
Wasn't sure which section to put this under, but since I'm using a Mark IV I chose this one.

The Mogami cables I use in the studio between my pedals and amp are only 10 ft, so I need to buy some longer cables for gigging. I am already going to get them with right-angle plugs on the pedal board side (for the sake of compactness) but I am debating what type of plugs I should have on the amp side.

On the one hand, right angle plugs for the FX loop would have a nice low profile on the back of the amp, could put the slip cover right over them. They would be less likely to get snagged on something.

On the other hand, right angle plugs get a weird torque on them if you don't pull them out quite right, and I worry about bending the jacks in the amp a little with repeated use, especially if someone else who isn't so careful is unplugging them.

Any opinions? Again, this is for three cables, the one from my pedalboard to the input of the amp, and the two for the FX loop.

Thanks

I used two right->straight 20FT road hog cables for the loop in my old setup and I like it. I never had any issues with the torquing of the jacks.

I used a right->straight for my Les Paul to the first pedal in line as well.

Back