Funny Story....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyeguy

Reaction score
So, I receive a call from a friend of mine saying that a friend of his wants to buy/trade for my Peavey JSX that i never use(d), so i tell him my price and tell him to have him call me. The guy stops over and brings down this Mark IIb, no EQ and its in an Egnator head shell. Kinda ratty looking... So I start looking over it and realized it had all the same options of an amp I had 20 years ago. He tells me the story of how he attained it and how it was rackmounted and that it had been sitting for several years when he got it and had it all re-capped, tubed and set-up from a guy we both knew. I asked him the guys name whom he bought it from and... well, as im sure you figured out by now, It was MY AMP from 20 years ago! So now I'm thinking that when i bought my amp back then, it was a 1-12 combo and I was the one who rackmounted it, but now its in a shitty looking shell...wouldnt it be cool if i still had that old combo shell that came with it! So, on a whim I check Facebook for the guy I sold my combo shell to and find him. So after the obligatory "friend" thingy we shoot a few messages and I asked him by any chance would he have that combo shell that I sold him 20 years ago. He tells me that he has in pawn right now and is trying to sell it! So as of right now I'm waiting for him to call and gimmie a price for the cab and...after 20 years that amp is back in my possession and about to be finally put back together! ...Oh, yeah.. I still have the EV that came with it!

Great story, bro!-(not being sarcastic)

I hope one day I'll be reunited with an older Fender that I used to own but sold to finance my first Boogie.

Two Boogies later and I'm still missing that Fender when it comes to clean tones.

Maybe someday I'll be reunited with the Deluxe Reverb my dad bought for me in 1967 for $233.50 new.
NOT! :lol:

I just bought back my Marshall 1960 B without the speakers from the guy I traded it to for $75.00. I saw a 4X12 berringer with 2 Celestion V30 and 2 G75's at GC for $150.00 asking price. Nice. I'm going to re-tolex both the A & B cabinets in purple camo, if I can locate the tolex.

mandoismetal said:
I hope one day I'll be reunited with an older Fender that I used to own but sold to finance my first Boogie.

Two Boogies later and I'm still missing that Fender when it comes to clean tones.
MrMarkIII said:
Maybe someday I'll be reunited with the Deluxe Reverb my dad bought for me in 1967 for $233.50 new.
NOT! :lol:
My story is not a dramatic as nyeguy but ...

I sold my '69 Fender Princeton to my brother's brother-in-law who gave it to his sister. I missed that clean Fender "Creedence Clearwater Revival" tone and tremolo.

Then I asked for it back and the sister said "Remember, you gave it to us so I'm willing to give it back to you but don't criticize what condition it is in." She did inform me its not working anymore.

She never got back to me about picking iit up. Then one day, during a family get-together, under the car port was my Princeton. It was soiled and neglected. The tolex was coming off of it. The speaker baffle was shredding apart. So I took it home with me.

Here's the restoration:

Here In the Boogie's Amp post is "What is you first tube amp?" Well this was my very first guitar amp. Other than a Pignose and Tom Scholz Rockman, I never purchased a solid state amp or modeling amp. Raise up with an old Fender your hearing will always tell you its tubes.

Back