Fulltone OCD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bikedude

Reaction score
Anyone have and or use this pedal. I've been looking for a nice OD pedal. Have considered Tube Screamers, but I checked out this pedal on the fulltone site and it sounds awesome. I'm using a LSC 1X12 and would like some more flexibility.

Wisch,
Olde Dude Lookin for Tone

There are really only two OD pedals I would personally consider.

Hermida Audio Mosferatu
Fulltone OCD

IMHO these two pedals are awesome, they really let the amp shine through.

Chris... 8)

I use one as a boost. The settings are on the OCD setting page at www.grailtone.com Love this pedal. Have heard it sounds every better when run at 18 volts.

Just received my OCD yesterday. In a word "WOW". What a nice pedal. Built like a tank, and the sounds are amazing. Picking dynamics are spectacular. Can't wait to get her out on a job this weekend. Money well spent.

Wisch
Cleveland, Ohio

I know this thread hasnt had a post in some time,but,,,,
Just bought the Fulltone OCD and Fatboost as well.
I wanted to drive my Trident alittle harder up front..WOW.
The OCD is definatly the smoothest,amp sounding pedal I have used in awhile. I figured instead of some $250.00 mod from Mesa,I'd try spending about $100 less....and I'm sure my results with this pedal are much better than a factory mod(IMHO, of course).
The Fulltone Fat Boost works great also(and does justice with the clean channel of my 3ch D.R.),but the OCD does the best to slam the amp at the front. Bravo to those who posted before me on this pedal.
Hats off to you all !

Any thoght about putting the OCD in effects loop ??And running a "Fulldrive up front

You don't ever want to put a distortion/OD pedal in the loop as the noise would be unbearable - along with sounding like crap.

Run the OCD in front of the Fulldrive so you can push the FD when needed.

are there any examples known of john petrucci using this?

maybe on the budokan dvd? perhaps in the hollow years live solo??

Bikedude said:
Anyone have and or use this pedal. I've been looking for a nice OD pedal. Have considered Tube Screamers, but I checked out this pedal on the fulltone site and it sounds awesome. I'm using a LSC 1X12 and would like some more flexibility.

Wisch,
Olde Dude Lookin for Tone

Do not overlook...the BB Preamp Pedal...this is the one used by Andy Timmons with his Lonestar Classic.

Check out the the clips:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uuwSHBcBUYE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SiW22O914Cg

Back