FU-3 switch question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesa-89

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new user to Mesa/Boogie. I recently acquired a Mark IV shorthead from a close friend that passed on. I'm having a problem with the FU-3 switch that came with it. The jack on it seems to be like an lxr jack, but with five holes instead of three. I can't find any input on the back of the amp that would accommodate such a jack. Where do I plug my footswitch into? :?

On my short head it's in between the transfo and the left most tube socket, so it's not located on the back of the amp, but on the bottom of the chassis.

Hey there, Thiis is a DIN-5 plug/jack and typically mounted up-side down on the amp, you'll find it where pinweaver said. if you need a DIN5 cable (or MIDI) keep in mind that there are many variations of DIN5 with varying degrees of separation between the pins, mesa uses 90degrees, which is standard midi...

and FYI to ALL you you guys that have this DIN5/midi/90 setup: there is now such a thing as wireless MIDI, I am not sure who will be producing the actual product for the market, but some Canadian guy figured out how to make MIDI wireless, the only thing i couldn't understand out of the white paper though is how much (if any) voltage could be transmitted. (as you guys know mesa transmits 3v in most of their controllers now)

Back