• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Rare Early run of 3 Channel DUAL RECTIFIER $1200

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dodger916 said:
BostonGuitar said:
scottm said:
hey there, i see both transformers have rust on them. have you been keeping her outside?

What are you, HIGH? Or are you just trying to make my sale look bad for some odd reason? There is NO rust, and it was never outside save for load in and load out. There WAS dust because it has NOT been gigged in 5 years, but absolutely no rust. Sheesh...

Not for nothing, but the orange stuff on the right side tranny does look like rust.

You guys are killin me here. It is a first run 3 channel. That is color around the transformer. It is a bit different then the later runs, hence it's uniqueness and a little value being first in it's breed.

What a blatant coverup. Own up. Your pictures cross the words you say and you are sinking fast. That tranny is rusted. Badly.

Who are you and what do you know???? There will be new pics posted tomorrow. This is amazingly infantile. Why would I lie? I have a good rep on this board, the gear page, AND birds and moons. How silly is this from people who are not even interested in purchasing. Why would I bother to post a pic with rust, and then lie about it. Sheesh...

BostonGuitar said:
Who are you and what do you know???? There will be new pics posted tomorrow. This is amazingly infantile. Why would I lie? I have a good rep on this board, the gear page, AND birds and moons. How silly is this from people who are not even interested in purchasing. Why would I bother to post a pic with rust, and then lie about it. Sheesh...

First and foremost, it would be one thing to just admit that it may look like rust but isn't, but it's another to get immediately defensive and accuse people of having a skewed perception.... it only adds to the suspicion.

Good, great, if it works awesome, go for it. But some of us are trying to keep everyone well aware of what MAY be a seriously detrimental 'blemish' on your tranny that will effectively render it useless and be an expensive fix in the future.

See picture below that compares rust to your tranny:
rust.jpg

Your tranny's 'red tinge due to the "uniqueness" of the amp' bears a striking similarity to the very textured look of rust. Last time I laid eyes on my Mark's tranny, they are smoothed, polished black... sometimes a brown polish, but never grainy and textured like yours.

So I will let the pictures do the talking for the most part, but tell me how that seam seems to have 2 completely different shades of "rust" on either side of it, and why the tube retainers seemed to escape this so called "oxidiation".

DualRec001.jpg

DualRec005.jpg

For all this drama you guys kicked up you would think I was asking for more than market value for the head. This is the thanks I get trying to keep a moderately rare amp in the forum family and off of fleabay???
C'mon guys. Pick your villains wisely. Do not erode the fabric of this forum.

BostonGuitar said:
So I will let the pictures do the talking for the most part, but tell me how that seam seems to have 2 completely different shades of "rust" on either side of it, and why the tube retainers seemed to escape this so called "oxidiation".

For all this drama you guys kicked up you would think I was asking for more than market value for the head. This is the thanks I get trying to keep a moderately rare amp in the forum family and off of fleabay???

Well, since you asked the question, the tube retainers could be a different material (aluminum ?). Or maybe they were replaced (easier than replacing a tranny). Or maybe the tranny is not original? (which opens a whole new can of worms) Frankly, in the close-ups you provided, it seriously looks more like rust. The "unique" orange color is not very uniform (like paint would be) and seems to be spreading...like rust would.

So if we are to believe you, it would mean Mesa chose to put "unique" rust-colored tranny's in the "first run" 3 channels. That seems completely implausible to me.

As for any "drama" and "eroding the fabric of this forum", I think you introduced that by responding to legitimate questions by belittling the questioner with sarcasm (see "What are you HIGH" comment.)

And to cap it off, you yell foul ("This is the thanks I get trying to keep a moderately rare amp in the forum family and off of fleabay???"). It's also possible that you are avoiding the eBay fees and looking for a quick sale here to bona fide buyers. So who are you really serving???

I doubt anyone here set out to make your sale "look bad". I think you did that all by yourself by the content and attittude of your responses to legitimate questions about strong visual evidence. People on this forum are generally very courteous, helpful and supportive. Our love for Boogies is almost sacred, leaving little room for scam artists...and there have been many. I'm not suggesting you are deliberately trying to scam, but much of what you say is a stretch for this member of the faithful congregation to believe.

BostonGuitar said:

1. The bendable tube retainers, regardless of their metal makeup, look pitted from oxidation.

2. That little gray metal box that sits to the left of the tranny (as seen above in your picture) has bits of rust on its corners.

Again, I'm not attacking you personally. As I said before (and dodger916 too), your pictures are appearing to prove our suspicions.

Just send the picture to Mesa/Boogie and ask them if it is rusted. After all, they built the amp so their response will reign supreme. I personally think it is rust.

I can vouch for BostonGuitar. Kevin is a good guy and is NOT trying to rip anyone off or hide anything. I have seen PLENTY of Dual Rec's (and other Mesas, for that matter), that have the exact same color of oxidation on the output transformers. There is absolutely nothing wrong with how it looks. The OTs are made from iron (ever notice how heavy they are?) and that is perfectly normal. Same as the iron brake rotors on your car.

BostonGuitar said:
What are you, HIGH?

No, we are not, BUT...

BostonGuitar said:
... that is color around the transformer

Clearly YOU ARE. That is rust on the transformer - deal with it!!!

BostonGuitar said:
It is a bit different then the later runs, hence it's uniqueness and a little value being first in it's breed.

Give me a break!!!

You are trying to imply that the early run of the three channel dual rectifier is some kind "vintage" collectors item.

BREAKING NEWS FLASH!!!

The early run of the three channel dual rectifier is not a collectors item.

dodger916 said:
BostonGuitar said:

Well, since you asked the question, the tube retainers could be a different material (aluminum ?). Or maybe they were replaced (easier than replacing a tranny). Or maybe the tranny is not original? (which opens a whole new can of worms) Frankly, in the close-ups you provided, it seriously looks more like rust. The "unique" orange color is not very uniform (like paint would be) and seems to be spreading...like rust would.

So if we are to believe you, it would mean Mesa chose to put "unique" rust-colored tranny's in the "first run" 3 channels. That seems completely implausible to me.

As for any "drama" and "eroding the fabric of this forum", I think you introduced that by responding to legitimate questions by belittling the questioner with sarcasm (see "What are you HIGH" comment.)

And to cap it off, you yell foul ("This is the thanks I get trying to keep a moderately rare amp in the forum family and off of fleabay???"). It's also possible that you are avoiding the eBay fees and looking for a quick sale here to bona fide buyers. So who are you really serving???

I doubt anyone here set out to make your sale "look bad". I think you did that all by yourself by the content and attittude of your responses to legitimate questions about strong visual evidence. People on this forum are generally very courteous, helpful and supportive. Our love for Boogies is almost sacred, leaving little room for scam artists...and there have been many. I'm not suggesting you are deliberately trying to scam, but much of what you say is a stretch for this member of the faithful congregation to believe.

+1 to what dodger916 said.

zeeman

BostonGuitar said:
You guys are killin me here. It is a first run 3 channel. That is color around the transformer. It is a bit different then the later runs, hence it's uniqueness and a little value being first in it's breed.

First run 3 channel? So what does that mean. It was 2 channels that were sought after. Not every early run item is collectible. A different color transformer makes it unique? Sweet baby Jesus help us. You're starting to sound like Girl-Monkey.

DualRec001.jpg

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Not rust!!! He said it's not rust!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm selling my 1972 Ferrari Dino. It's in perfect condition with absolutely no rust on it. Here's a pic.

rust-fence-tractor-large.jpg

:lol:

Fah q...

To Fleabay it goes...

And it is sad that there are good boards out there for PRS, Fender, Gibson, Bogner, Diezel, Amps in general, but the boogieboard is about as mature as Harmony Central. I am out...

BostonGuitar said:
Fah q...

To Fleabay it goes...

And it is sad that there are good boards out there for PRS, Fender, Gibson, Bogner, Diezel, Amps in general, but the boogieboard is about as mature as Harmony Central. I am out...

Aww, poor baby.

Oh and Fah q2.

This is a dead topic, but I would like to watch the eBay auction when it is posted.

gts said:
A little honestly would go a long way, even now long after the fact.
But if he truly believes it's not rust, no one will be able to convince him otherwise. (And if true that in itself is kinda scary!!)

And thats the point of the matter: honesty. I'm fairly new to this board by a few months, but if there is one thing I've noticed, its people looking out for people. Members help each other. No one wants to see anyone get a raw deal.

And with as many chronic Boogie fanatics that are here, scrutiny of everything seems to be the first point of order.

bpm91 said:
And with as many chronic Boogie fanatics that are here, scrutiny of everything seems to be the first point of order.

And that's how it should be. At least I know that if I ever buy a IIC+ or something, there are people here that will be honest and help me ID one.

I have no tolerance for bullshit. That's why I thing Gear-Monkey is such douche. I think BG started off on the wrong foot by even trying to imply that the fact this was one of the first 3 channel DRs was a plus. That is such crap.

That smelled like **** from the get go.

Dude, what is your deal??? Have you been hired to moderate internet web formums for bullshit? Are you the bullshit police? Don't you have anything better to do???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back