• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS or Trade: Dual Rectifier 100W Solo Head, More

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is Mesa Boogie not the best line of amps in the world as we know it?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll show my ignorance and say no.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

crxshdxmmy

Reaction score
It's a:

Stock 100 Watt Dual Rectifier Solo Head - 3 Channels

Includes - Amp, Cover, Footswitch w/ cable & cover and a Gator Cases rolling hard case.

Also: (80's?) Fender 4x12 (closed back) with 2 Celestion Vintage 30's and 2 G12T75's.

I'm looking for cash and/or a Mesa/Boogie Nomad 45 or 55 w/reverb.

This amp is barely more than 1 year old. It has been gigged half a dozen times and still looks brand new. Except for the few gigs, it's been sitting in a controlled environment and roars like no other on top of these celestions.

I'm a college student and my band broke up shortly after I bought this amp so right now, it's really inconvenient to lug around a half stack to and from school. After playing a Nomad 45 (the best combo amp I've ever touched) I decided that maybe I could slim down to a smaller rig.

I'm from Northern Indiana. Post or PM me if you're interested.

Wow, I just traded a Nomad 55 2x12 locally for a 2 ch. Dual Rec. Both of us are really happy. The DR was too loud for him and the Nomad had to many knobs for me. Once it is dialed in (manual helps) they sound great. Best for a studio, where you can keep it dialed in. Fair trade, IMHO. Good Luck!

PaulReedNik said:
How much do you want for this, and is it still available?

Yes .... this item is still available. I'm really looking for a Nomad trade and some cash here, but if I was to sell it outright... they are currently running new for $1700, right? So, I would think somewhere from $1400-1500 with the case.

Feel free to contact me for more info.

PaulReedNik said:
With a mint nomad combo, with a case as well, how much cash would you want?

First off... It would really depend on which Nomad it is... The Nomad 45/55 or 1x12/2x12.

But okay... lets make some assumptions and crunch some numbers.

I priced a brand new Dual Rectifier last month and it was running $1700.
I priced a brand new Nomad 55 last month and it was running $1049.

2-3 year old mint Nomad 55's are running used for as much as $850 on eBay.
1-2 year old mint Dual Rectifiers are being bid up to around $1350.

Lets say that the respective cases for the amps even out in the wash...

And that would bring the total cash on top of a trade to: $500

These numbers are based on brief research and mostly guessing... I'd really love to make a trade happen so, if this doesn't sound acceptable, let me know what you're thinking.

I can send pictures (and I'd like to see some as well).

i dunno how you just priced a new nomad as they've been out of production for a while. but your offer tempts me soo.... :x

There's a place near my home town called The Woodwind and The Brasswind. It's in South Bend, Indiana. They're music superstore ... and they only stock the best. Gibson, Fender, PRS, ESP, Marshall, Mesa, Peavey, Fender... and a ton of wind instruments too.

Anyway... they have 2 brand new Nomad's sitting on their showroom floor. One that's a Nomad 45 (2x12) w/ tweed covering and a Nomad 55.

That's how I priced them new.

I also have a Fender 4x12 that I would be more than willing to include for $250-$300. I replaced all the stock speakers with Celestions. (2 Vintage 30's and 2 G12T75's) Together ... this setup ROARS!!!

Let me know just how tempted you are. Also, give me some specs on your Nomad.

hmmm they must be NOS....
i've got the 45 head, which as you know runs on el84s so it's a sweeter sounding amp but it can get pretty dirty still. retubbed with JJs in the middle of 05 somewhere, that saved it's life.

They are ... immaculate together. I don't have words....

I played a Nomad 45 2x12 Combo.... it was heavenly. I love the reverb in them. And if you crank 'em up... in my opinion... they sound just like a recto with the EL34's activated. (You can switch the tube bias between the 34's and the 6L6's, which I'm sure you know.)

It sounded the same... just smaller ... and without the full range. Didn't have the same bottom end as a 4x12.

Latest posts

Back