• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS or FT: Mesa DC-5 Head with case, footswitch.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reprove

Reaction score
Mid 1990's DC-5 head.
50watts

No issues. 1 slight Blems in Tolex center of front on top.. Metal supports on top of cabinet showing a little wear.

Sounds fantastic.
partial trade for 2x12 cab plus cash.
Will take $750.00 shipped. OBO

mesaboogiefront2.jpg

mesaboogieback1.jpg

mesaboogiefrontside.jpg

Looking for trades now.
Telecasters, Hollowbodies.
Pedals
Cabs.
Let me know what you got.
Matt

How does this compare to a F-50? I'm looking for a backup to my F-50. Mine is a combo but I have an Avatar Vintage 212 cab on the way.

I have a 2005 Fender Highway 1 Telecaster I might be willing to trade + some cash.

Quite a bit like an F50 but better IMHO. I used to have an F-50 and now have a DC-10. The graphic EQ is key and makes the DC series more versatile than the F series. You may find that the F-50 becomes the backup amp. :eek:

You may find that the F-50 becomes the backup amp.

They are incredibly versatile. I can get anything from Fender Cleans to Mesa Means. I usually use the EQ for a Solo boost, and run the amp with JJ High Gains from Eurotubes.

Great amps, you can't go wrong with them.

You may find that the F-50 becomes the backup amp.

They are incredibly versatile. I can get anything from Fender Cleans to Mesa Means. I usually use the EQ for a Solo boost, and run the amp with JJ High Gains from Eurotubes.

Great amps, you can't go wrong with them.

I know it doesn't have the F-50's contour channel but can it get as heavy as the F-50's contour with the regular gain channel + the 5-band EQ?

I have a Highway 1 Tele if you're interested in a possible trade.

The DC series is far better for high gain modern tones IMHO because of the EQ. The F series has contour mode which is just a preset EQ curve which to my ears is tuned a little harsh and ear piercing. I feel that the DC is more aggressive sounding overall.

Major G.A.S. attack coming on.....but I can't get the original poster to reply to PM's or this thread :(

He also has it listed over at Harmony Central Amp forum and is on there often. He's been trying to sell it for quite a while. I can't believe that no one has jumped on it yet. If I had the cash I 'd buy it to backup my DC-10.

sorry guys. been on the road for the last week. Anyway, the misses says i can't trade it anymore. So cash takes it. Apologize for the delays.
Matt

I have a crazy question, does your version have 5 or 6 12ax7's? A pic of the preamp tubes would be awesome. I'm looking to replace my DC-5 with the same version I once had and yours looks very similar in front panel cosmetics.
Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back