• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ short head (Fully Loaded)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Hero

Reaction score
1984 original IIC+, 128xx serial number, 105 transformer, fully loaded with Simul-Class, EQ and Reverb. It's in great condition for an amp of 24 years old, the only discrepancy being the headshell missing a foot on the front left of the cab. It's US voltage, comes with a step-down. Works flawlessly, sounds phenomenal. Oh, and I retubed it with SED 6L6s and Tung Sol v1, JJ High Gain v2, chinese 9th Gens v3-5 just two weeks ago. I just dunno if it pigeonholes me into certain tones that whilst I love, I don't know if I wanna base my own tone off of. If that makes any sense?

I guess what I'm getting at is, despite being a huge Petrucci fan, I don't wanna copy his tone.

The thing is, I have no idea how much this thing is truly worth, so I'm open to sensible offers. It's also on eBay.

DSC05105.jpg

DSC05107.jpg

gts said:
In fact there's much much more!!

Yes, this is true. Especially if you are open to unconventional lead channel settings and/or a good quality OD pedal to push the clean channel somewhat. :D

I was waiting on someone to post the Metallica settings for you :roll: .

Value is kind of a toss up because the world economy is so turbulent right now. Prices have been all over the map over the last 30 days. I buy a lot of used gear, so I keep track of the going rate of stuff. I saw a pre-500 Dual Rec go for $2600+, and another go for $1200 (wish I had snagged it myself). Mark III and IV's have spiked in price after the Mark IV end of life announcement, but are coming back down.

If you were in the states I'd make you an offer, but shipping from the UK would be brutal.

GodBlessTexas said:
Value is kind of a toss up because the world economy is so turbulent right now. Prices have been all over the map over the last 30 days. I buy a lot of used gear, so I keep track of the going rate of stuff. I saw a pre-500 Dual Rec go for $2600+, and another go for $1200 (wish I had snagged it myself). Mark III and IV's have spiked in price after the Mark IV end of life announcement, but are coming back down.

If you were in the states I'd make you an offer, but shipping from the UK would be brutal.

I would guess in the $200 range for shipping. Go on, you know you wanna 8)

Back