• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mesa 2x12 cab 3/4 back with Black Shadows MINTY

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gusfmm

Reaction score
Handles 180W @ 8ohm mono, easy to conver to 90W x 2 @ 16ohm (stereo). Never gigged, used exclusively in my home studio, original tag still attached to handle. The only few un-noticeable very faint marks are from moving it around the studio. Basically mint. $525 paypaled (gift option). FedEx shipping additional, estimated in $30-40 fully insured to most continental USA. I will ship internationally under certain conditions. Contact me for high-res pics or any question.

<Title corrected to remove term "Thiele">

I never knew there was any such thing as a 2x12 Theile 3/4 back. I'd love to see pictures. Must be a one of a kind. I always thought the Theile was ported, and therefore couldn't be 3/4 back.

I recall back years ago when I purchased it, Mesa was utilizing the term "Thiele" to market them, probably more because of the size and not because of it adhering 100% to the Thiele design specs. I apologize if the terms is somewhat misleading for the purists, it'd be my fault for relying in Mesa's past marketing claims.

In any event, these are currently offered as:
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar%20Cabinets/ThreeQuarterCABS/TQ-2x12-LG.htm

I can provide pics via email to anyone interested, just PM. For those looking for general info, can check the link above.

formisano said:
OK, Gotcha. Your cab is a 2x12 Three-Quarter Back.
Has nothing to do with "Thiele" at all.
Thiele means "Front Ported, Closed Back".
Here's the link.
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar Cabinets/COMPACTcabs/Thiele-1x12-LG.htm

I doubt that Mesa Boogie ever "marketed" the 2x12 Three-Quarter Back as a Thiele.

I appreciate your questioning, I stand behind my claim that Mesa did. However, I guess I may be getting senile and be totally mistaken. Mesa did in fact "re-brand" some of their cabs back when, e.g. there were 4x12 "standard" and "oversized" Recto's, that I understand were replaced now by the notion of just "Stiletto" and "Recto".

On the other hand, the canonical definition of "Thiele" goes beyond just "Front Ported, Closed Back". Cab dimensions, and port size and placement are to be considered as well. As you can see, there is another 1x12 "Front Ported, Closed Back" wide-body non-Thiele cab currently offered:
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Guitar%20Cabinets/COMPACTcabs/Widebody-ClosedBack-1x12-LG.htm

Now, with the proper title correction and apologies given for my incorrect citation of Mesa's old marketing language, let's go back at selling, thanks.

Latest posts

Back