• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mark IV Medium Head "A"

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajtooke

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm selling an early 90's Mark IV medium head - serial IV 3548. This is the "A" Revision. I've had it for about 8 months running through a Mesa 3/4 back 1x12 cab, which I will likely keep. I'm selling because I just bought a widebody Mk IV combo - I'm going to college in Boston next year and will still be playing with my drummer, who also is going to school up there (Berklee!) - but I don't want to deal with the head and cab.

The amp works perfectly - I just had some repairs done on it when a redplated JJ power tube took a fuse and screen grid resistor with it. He fixed that right up and it's been running beautifully since (I guess that was about 3 months ago, I may still have the repair tag laying around). I have Mesa 12AX7 preamp tubes in it and 2 Mesa 6L6 power tubes on the inside. Right now there are old Groove Tubes E34L's on the outside power tube sockets but I'll sell it with brand new JJ E34L power tubes. It's been gigged three times in the time that I've owned it and has been flawless and powerful with a band - easily overpowers everyone else on the 30w setting and 5-6 on the master, 2-3 on lead channel volume.

Cosmetically it has a tiny rip in the tolex on the top of the head.. I've been meaning to put it back down with epoxy or something but I never got around to it.. easily fixed. Otherwise it looks good - Post here, PM, or e-mail me for detailed pictures, I'll also have some posted here later today.

I'm asking $1200 + actual shipping and I'll split the paypal fees with you if you choose to use it - I payed $1375 8 months ago and since have dropped $350 on the repairs and power tubes. FU-3 Footswitch is included. I'd love to keep the head and cab because it does sound better than the combo but I won't have the space next year.

Thank you and don't hesitate to ask any questions!

My ebay feedback is under repoman89 - it's close to 70 100% positive so you know I'm not gonna scam you. I also have a "heatware" account linked below which is a feedback system for PC component transactions on other forums.

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=46578

EDIT: THIS IS NO LONGER FOR SALE - SOLD ON EBAY DUE TO LACK OF RESPONSES A FEW WEEKS AGO. I NOW AM LOOKING TO TRADE MY MARK IV COMBO FOR AN F-50 COMBO + CASH OR WILL POSSIBLY SELL THE COMBO. INFORMATION HERE -

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=25950

Latest posts

Back