• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Boogie Mark IIC++ combo with a more realistic price.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
This is a legit factory c+ sn 13667, dated 11/84. it is a black combo with an EV and original road case. the cabinet looks like its from a mark IV. it has a crack in the upper left where cracks tend to happen in boogie combos.
its not going to fall apart on you, but its there.
it has the 100 power transformer, eq, no reverb, the output transformer is a boogie replacement, but they are the same part, just a different part number.
it has been modded by mike b at boogie to have the c++ mod. basicly you can footswitch it in and out, and the reverb jack is the footswitch jack for that mod.
its pretty cool, it gives you 4 different sounds at your feet. the c++ mod is like an added gain boost that effects both channels. so the clean channel becomes dirty when you switch it in.
its an amazing sounding amp.
no boogie logo on the front.
2 footswitches and road case are included. the case is beat up, but functional.

IMG_8861.JPG

IMG_8864.JPG

IMG_8856.JPG

new realistic price on this. $1700 + shipping and paypal.
or $1500 for just the chasis... plus shipping and paypal.
(thats still pretty cheap, and i'm only making my money back plus enough to retube my other amp :) )
i'd rather sell it here because i know you guys would dig it more than the next guy going to flip it.
i'm kinda done with the mark series for now. i have a studio 22+ combo that has been working out perfectly for me, so i'm gunna free up the funds.

Hey,
Great amp! Do you have any idea how much the ++ mod costs? Does it make a very noticeable change in the tone or distortion? Is there another pot to dial in the ++ gain boost or is it a fixed amount? I did see one IIC++ that used the foot switch jack in front as a pot instead of a 1/4 inch jack. If you don't want to answer these i understand... i'll post them in the mark section...

thanks so much,

scott

With such a high serial number in the C+ series and being a Simul, I think it would have a 105 transformer, no? Double check the digits. I may be wrong, though.

zodiac272 said:
Probably was a 105 PT but he stated that the original transformer was replaced

He said the output transformer was replaced not the power tranny

Also, why is there one 12AX7 removed from the chassis?

Amp doesn't have reverb

Elpelotero said:
With such a high serial number in the C+ series and being a Simul, I think it would have a 105 transformer, no? Double check the digits. I may be wrong, though.

nope its a 100.

Isn't this the one that just sold for $1350 on ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-1984-Mark-IIC-Combo-EV-Speaker-Case-/270616381383?pt=Guitar
200% mark-up for being a Boogie Board member. Sounds like a good deal.

mesaismylife said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-1984-Mark-IIC-Combo-EV-Speaker-Case-/270616381383?pt=Guitar
Nice catch. :lol:

mesaismylife said:

You know,Jim dosen't need me or anybody to defend his decision to sell, but I have to say that if he bought the amp for that then he got a great deal. We all had the same opportunity to take a chance and try and steal it. He put his money down and won it, fair and square. A lot of us would say that he stole it-good for him. What he wants to sell it for is his business, indeed,it wasn't that long ago another board member sold the same amp (with reverb) for $3500 on e-bay! I admit, that blew my mind but it sure did flip somebody's switch! These amps are scarce, and apparently sound really good. I guess my point is that it would be normal to question anything in private, and decide if it was something that one would be interested in and make an offer or not. But lets not knock a brother who's trying to sell something and is making every effort at complete disclosure. There is nothing wrong with making money on something when reselling it, God knows I've lost more than I made, it was he who put his money down to buy it in the first place and what he wants for it is his decision, and only his.
When you think about it, there is a real chance he could get more than $2500 for it on e-bay and I think it's great he's giving us the first shot at it here on the BB.

Good luck with the sale Jim.
Jim

oh its not ok when I do it eh?
:lol:

i'm debating on keeping it anyway.
it does sound really good.
i'll post clips regardless.

Back