• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: 5150II Head - $800 shipped CONUS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSS3

Reaction score
I've decided to sell my 5150II in search of an actual 5150 or 6505. I don't need the extra features, and enjoy the simplicity/tone of the original a bit better.

Pictures:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v356/DeadSkinSlayer36/Gear/Past/Amps/5150II/

It's in great condition, only a few things worth mentioning:

-Rip in tolex on left side, as pictured. It's about a square half inch, but it's the only ding on the tolex on the entire amp.

-The corners on the top grill/vent for the powertubes have broken off - this is extremely common with Peavey amps.

-The previous owned didn't have the little tabs to wind the cable around on the back grill, so I put on some velcro grab thingies, as pictured. I like these a little better, actually... just unvelcro them and the entire cable comes undone.

-It's only got 2 powertubes (JJ), run at 4ohms into an 8ohm cab, as per Peavey's recommendation for cutting the power in half. I don't have the other two to make a quartet, sorry.

Other than that, the amp is perfect! Never had an issue with it at all. It's got EH's in the preamp section, and comes with the footswitch and cable.

I'm looking to get $800 shipped and paypal'd in the CONUS, OBO. Not looking for trades, unless you've got a 5150 or 6505. Questions should be directed to JeffTD -at- Gmail -dot- com.

Went out today and bought a quad of Mesa 6L6GC's for this, so it's now got a full set of poweramp tubes. Sounds even better, too!

Latest posts

Back