FRIGGING EPIC! DBZ Bolero Banneret - $800USD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaGod666

Reaction score
dbz-guitars-dean-zelinsky-20106.jpg

If it plays as good as it looks then I'm buying two.

This thing is beautiful.

I've been browsing through their website since you posted that pic in the gibson thread and they've got some fantastic looking guitars. I'd love to know what the quality is like. It'd be **** near impossible to get my hands on one to try unless i wanted to drive to their nearest dealer in Maine which is several hours away.

I don't know - I think the big hunk of metal glued to the lower bout is a bit cheesy, spoiling an otherwise pretty piece of machinery. For me less is more.

Plus I'm not in SCA.

Looks like a slightly distorted Les Paul to me. Looks less flattering from a top down angle.

I like it. I'd pay ... $400 - $500 for it... only assuming its made in the U.S. :)

I tried it out yesterday and it plays pretty good compared to the ESP Eclipse II and Gibson LP Std. Hardware was Gold with 3 way PUP selector, volume & tone controls, Grover tuners, etc. The tone of this guitar is pretty **** good and it was set up well (low action, no buzz). The ornament that is hammered into the body adds some extra weight to the guitar as well. There is binding on the body and it is manufactured here in the USA.

I placed an order for three Bolero's (2 Black and White w/out ornaments and 1 Bolero Banneret. So, for the price of 1 Gibson LPC, you can own three DBZ Bolero's.

I like the look of the ornamentation but i'm not sure it's something i'd want to play. I do like the look of their other guitars though. I'll definitely try to check one out next time i'm in Maine.

TimeSignature said:
Made in USA and only $800? Sounds like a good deal.

I thought it was a terrific deal. The quality is certainly there. I have a feeling that once single cut fans catch wind of how awesome this guitar plays the price will definitely go up.

I'd really be surprised if Dean Zelinsky was selling USA models for that cheap too.

I've seen those DBZ guitars online, but the upper end models are the only ones that seem to tickle my fancy, and they are exceptionally pricey (the premium ones are $2k+, but I do like that they will do custom graphics...).

For that kind of cash, it has to move a mountain to get me off the high end Ibanez guitars...I definitely wouldn't buy one sight unseen. The only downside to Ibanez is that you have to be endorsed for LACS to make you a custom Ibanez, which of course; requires moving mountains...

Latest posts

Back