Found some very intersting Petrucci settings for RK

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Orange

Reaction score
Dear all,

I found the link below on the net. It looks like a good starter for all of you trying to get Petrucci's sound.

The diagrams seem also very self explanatory.

http://www.kandashokai.co.jp/sale/jpc04_web/jpc_equip.html

I do not have a RK right now, but I would be interested to know if these settings worth anything.

Best regards

brianf said:
Note he has the Solo lower than the output?

Unless I have completely lost my mind (entirely possible) the Solo is just another vol pot wired in parallel with the Output...so where you set the Solo is not "how loud" but rather "how much more". My Triple behaves like that too...with the Output between 11:00 and 12:00, a Solo setting of 8:00-8:30 provides a substantial boost. More than enough to get out in front of a loud, 2-gtr band.

Boogiebabies said:
What a great find.

Thanks. I will try those settings ASAP.

Dang, I had that link for more than a year now and never thought it might interest someone (other than die-hard Petrucci fans). How selfish of me :shock: .
Not to mention I could've earned some kudos :lol: .

Gonna try his channel 3 and 4 on my dual rec, I love the presence control though so I don't know how much I'd like this tone :p

Scary Guy IRL said:
Will someone tell me how these settings sound... The fanboy inside me craves :p

This has been thoroughly discussed (and argued) on the JP forum, and the most popular opinion is that the settings do not sound very good. Others claim that the settings only sound good at very high volumes.

Personally, I think they are OK, but they are definitely not the settings that I'd use on a daily basis. I think that the Ch 3 settings are the best representative JP's tone...Namely, of a nice Petrucci liquid solo tone.

Think of it this way...when I dialed those into my RK, I definitely didn't say to myself, "Oh yeah...that sounds just like JP's tone." In fact, I was kind of dissapointed.

If you like JP's tone on Train of Thought and on Octavarium more than any of DT's previous albums, then you might like these settings. But I think that most people like JP's sound on albums like 6DoIT and SFAM.

mloiaco said:
Scary Guy IRL said:
Will someone tell me how these settings sound... The fanboy inside me craves :p

This has been thoroughly discussed (and argued) on the JP forum, and the most popular opinion is that the settings do not sound very good. Others claim that the settings only sound good at very high volumes.

Personally, I think they are OK, but they are definitely not the settings that I'd use on a daily basis. I think that the Ch 3 settings are the best representative JP's tone...Namely, of a nice Petrucci liquid solo tone.

Think of it this way...when I dialed those into my RK, I definitely didn't say to myself, "Oh yeah...that sounds just like JP's tone." In fact, I was kind of dissapointed.

If you like JP's tone on Train of Thought and on Octavarium more than any of DT's previous albums, then you might like these settings. But I think that most people like JP's sound on albums like 6DoIT and SFAM.

This is kind of what I was thinking when I saw those settings.

Are there diagrams for his tone from SFAM on the JP forum out there? Always looking for that tone :)

Latest posts

Back