FORUM NEWBIE W/ JUST AQUIRED DC-3 HEAD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caucajun

Reaction score
HOWDY Y'ALL!

NEW GUY HERE.........i just swapped my ol' seymour duncan convertible for a DC-3 head. i have alot of questions about it........could anybody link me to a history and identification post or blog re: "DC-3's" ?

i'm not a newbie to boogies........this is my 4th.......i think.........i've had 2 mk iii's, and a DC-3 combo in the past.........oh, yeah.......and a kitty hawk and an acoustic brand MKIIC knockoff.

how do i tell if it's an "A" or "B" series? and what does THAT mean? is A better than B? vice-versa?

thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome. I joined the forum not too long ago and one of the 1st things I did was read all of the established threads. They tend to sway to other subtopics and there is a ton of information to be had. I have put off another amp purchase thanks to this. This is a great site and you can learn a lot quick. There are a few on this forum that seem to really know about these amps. Good luck with your DC.

Congrats on the new amp! I love my shorthead DC-3.

The B version is the update to the A version. The B version has more headroom, better reverb, metal switches, no channel LEDs, toggle switch for GEQ assignment (instead of knob), and footswitch input on front. I might have missed one or two in there, but that's the majority at least.

I recommend doing the output volume mod and the serial FX loop mod as well.

well! i'm glad to hear i "got the better version".

what's up w/ the verb tank danglin' thru a hole in the bottom of the head cab like an old man's n*ts hangin' down thru the leg openin' of his draws? (how's that for colour?).

caucajun said:
well! i'm glad to hear i "got the better version".

what's up w/ the verb tank danglin' thru a hole in the bottom of the head cab like an old man's n*ts hangin' down thru the leg openin' of his draws? (how's that for colour?).

LOL. I noticed that too. It prevents me from being able to set my head on top of my RoV combo (the large leather handle sits up too high)! I'm thinking about removing the reverb tank or at least trying to elevate it so it doesn't hang down like you said....

MusicManJP6 said:
It prevents me from being able to set my head on top of my RoV combo (the large leather handle sits up too high)! I'm thinking about removing the reverb tank or at least trying to elevate it so it doesn't hang down like you said.

i'm gonna try puttin' put feet on the cab side, and turn the cab sideways on the flo'. i may also swap my 3/4 back for a vertical slant 212.

i may be open to trading my dc-s' head shell for a compatable 112 combo shell. i prefer a local (baton rouge ,LA. area) swap, but, let's see what's out there.

i get asked all the time..."how much to/ will i sell it?"......................i'm not trying to sell it...............but if somebody wants to, i'll listen to serious offers..............it won't be cheap, tho'.......but, feel free.......i might trade........gonna hafta be a good one, tho'....................and close to BR, LA.

later!

Latest posts

Back