Fortin MEATHEAD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that, but I would really apperciate it if you didnt post links to amps that meet every need I could ever have and can not afford. :lol:

The only thing that amp doesnt have is Wi-Fi!!!!! Incredible!

Someone buy one so we can hear clips!

Hey Kiff ... I have been meaning to get a hold of you. My computer die right after the last time we communicated. My rig maybe taking on a very different direction. I am thinking about getting rid of most of my amps to get this.

Everyone who has checked it out has said all good about it and Mike Fortin and his work.

When you see a gut shot and see how much time and the quality of what goes in ..... you get a idea of how the price is this.

There is a gut shot on this thread ....

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50425&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=50

To get a idea of what he does .....

http://www.youtube.com/FortinAmps

This amp looks like it has every thing I would want or need.

I would have a hard shell case for it .... that would keep it in good shape and stop things from being moved around when moved. Once I know a amp setting up for my needs has never been a problem for me. I am not afraid of knobs and switches myself. This may sound crazy to some but I like learning a amp. It is kind of like figuring out a puzzle.

I can do a gig with a single channel amp no problem .... have done plenty.

But a lot of places I have played I can not always hear what is going on all the time. I pretty much need a lead, clean, crunch sound for a lot of things I do. Add in a point of break up, a little bit more aggressive crunch and a other lead sound to work with live all controlled by MIDI sounds like I would be more than covered and have full control.

Being able to change out pre / power tubes to get the voice I want is something I know well from my THD stuff. I very much like this option. Being able to customize my sound at this level as easy as it is with this amp is a big plus.

Overkill .... not for me.
I could make use of it all very easy.

This year has been slow and if I let go of the amps I am not using much in the current economy would only put me a little more than 2/3 the way there. Last year was very different money wise for me. I want it. But it well take some time to try and figure out how to get there.

...... and once again congratulations on this amp Mike.
This is a master piece to many of us.

stephen sawall said:
I am in Seatac these days .... if I pick one up you can check it out. It is going to take a bit before I can do that.

Sweet! I work in Renton! And out of curiosity, what gear will you be selling eventually? I get a bonus in a month or two. :wink:

I really do not want to sell any but to do this .....
off the top of my head.

VHT Sig X
Egnater Rebel 20
Mesa Series 1 Stiletto Trident

.... a few other things maybe. Not sure what that is yet.

Latest posts

Back