For all GCX & GC Pro users...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LG

Reaction score
"Our chief tech has returned and had this answer to your question: The switching logic must be programmed into your presets. The Instant Access switches will not work for the channel switching on the Mesa amp as you want them to. The GCX loops are all isolated from each other so turning on multiple channels at once should not cause any harm to the amp."
This quote was straight from Harmony Ellis and tech at Voodoo Lab.
Therefore in retrospect you can patch into all of your channels/FX Loop/Solo using the GCX Loops but you cannot use the Instant Access switches 1-8 on the GC Pro to activate any of these. The channels must be programmed in the preset buttons on the bottom of the GC Pro. Well I'm not to sure about the "Solo" boost. This makes me question why my DR is in such bad shape at the repair shop. I have two other "culprits" that could have caused this. I was running an "integrated quad" of JJ's (2xEL34L's-inside+2x6L6's-outside) and I made a mistake in setting up two of my Marshall cabs to run at 4 ohm's then ran both of my 4 ohm DR speaker outputs to these. As long as I have been doing this I should've known better than this. What a costly mistake!!!? I just hope that I can help someone else in avoiding what I am now going thru.

Latest posts

Back