Footswitch Stopped Working for Channel Select Help quick!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zwish

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm at a rehearsal at the moment. Playing tonight and all day tomorrow. For some reason my LSC footswitch will only switch the solo on and off. The channel select no longer works. The channel select switch on the left of the amp is set to FTSW and when the footswitch isn't connected the physical switch on the amp does indeed work. Any ideas as to what might be causing this? The footswitch still FEELS like everything is fine and clicks normally when you step on it. My BB preamp on Ch.1 is sounding great, but I miss my footswitchable channel 2! Thanks guys!

Hmmm, might just need a cleaning with some contact spray to the plug, then insert in the jack a few times.

If you plug a mono cable in to the footswitch, this will only channel change, so if that works it sounds like a dodgy switch/cable.

Thanks very much for all the helpful info. I've got a can of contact cleaner lying around so I'm good to go. I actually ended up taking the amp to a mesa authorized repair center because the reverb was being a little screwy as well, so he's the one fixing both of the issues. Probably could fixed the channel issue the day of that rehearsal no problem. Oh well. Thanks again!

The footswitch cable that came with my Lonestar was a somewhat cheap, super flexy cable crapped that out within a month. Just get a good quality TRS cable (Stereo cable) and you should be good to go. The footswitch itself, and the inner components, are well designed for years of stomping so they are fairly bullet proof. Suggestion; get a longer cable than the one that comes with the amp so you're prepped for bigger staging gigs. In my case I bought 30 Ft of cable and soldered the TRS connectors myself. But I keep a 15 foot Live Wire TRS cable in my gig back for back up.

Nice! That was exactly the problem. Just picked up the amp from the shop today. The footswitch problem I wasn't too concerned about, i just was wondering if it was common and there was some super quick fix like maybe a dirty connection or something like that. Part of the channel select side of the stereo cable had broken but the "solo" side still was intact, hence the partial usability. The reverb thing turned out to be a faulty RCA cable connecting the reverb to the chassis. Problem solved. Thanks a bunch everyone!

I just had the same issue with respect to my Lonestar footswitch cable. These cables are pretty cheaply made and I suggest you get a stack of them from Mesa/Boogie. I just purchased a new cable for $24.50 and problem solved.

Latest posts

Back