Footswitch not working properly

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtb226

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a 3 channel DR. Lately, I've been having trouble with my footswitch while trying to switch back to channel 1. I have to stomp on it really hard to get it to switch. All the other buttons are fine. Do you think the switch is bad? Is it replaceable by a local guy or something I should get Mesa to do? (it is out of warranty). Thanks!

Check the 7 pin cable before anything else. I went through 2 of mesa's 7 pin cables before I finally just ordered a 7 pin midi cable from musiciansfriend or americanmusical and haven't had an issue since.

most the time it would only affect one channel/switch, the first time it did it on my solo switch the second time on my channel 2 switch.

OK. Thanks for the advice. I've been meaning to get a longer cable anyway, so I guess this is a good excuse to finally get one. lol. Thanks for the info everyone.

After checking the cord, if it still does it you may need to check the solder connections on the pc board that the switched are attached to. Sometimes they get stressed and the solder cracks. This was a problem on my RK controller once.

Latest posts

Back