Footswitch issues

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have problems with their Express footswitch?
Mine has developed an issue right where the cable plugs into the footswitch.
It did this before and I found a few bad solder connections.
I've got it open again and the connections are still good.
Guess I'm gonna have to silicone the thing together so that the board stops moving around!

One in a store started stooging around on me. I unplugged and plug up the footswitch and it was still intermittent. I traced the cord back to the chassis and gave the plug at that end a push. It moved, so I could tell that it hadn't been seated too well. I unplugged and re-plugged it and that ended the problem. I wouldn't have thought that there would be a problem at the chassis, but be sure to check it! Of course. you can always use the 1/4" remote switching jacks and SPST footswitches to do the job.

Bob

I have had some intermittent issues with my foot switch as well. I took the cover off but didn't see anything that would cause the issue.

Yep starting now, about 4 months after I bought it, my footswitch has been having some problems. If you wiggle the cable where it's plugged into the switch, it will go in and out. Frustrating.

I'm taking it to the shop tonight to see if they can figure out what the problem is.

Make sure the ground clip on the female midi connector on the footswitch is making solid contact with ground on cable. My clip got bent a little & went on the inside of connector rather than the outside. I had to bend it a little the other way to get a good connection.

I went to the GC I bought the amp at and they just let me walk out with a functioning one.

But thanks a ton guys for a description of how you fixed it. When mine goes bad again, it will help me a ton.

Hi Guys,

I've had the same problems. I called Mesa and they sent me specific instructions on how to fix this. Actually, the instructions are specific to the Mark V, but they said it works for the Express footswitch as well. It fixed my issues.

Let me find a place to host it and I'll post a link. In the meantime I can email it to anyone who wants it sooner.

EDIT: Link to file: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...hmNGYtYjVhNWFkYjI1MzM5&hl=en&authkey=CJ7mifkH

-Eric

Latest posts

Back