Footswitch for MESA STUDIO PREAMP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killbyphone

Reaction score
Hi!

Recently bought a nice studio preamp.. 8) But i need a footswitch. :shock:
Would be perfect, if the footswitch would have 3 buttons in total, for controlling studio's rhythm/lead, EQ and Reverb.

The Studio has 4 jacks:

1 x EQ
1 x REVERB
1 x EQ + REVERB (stereo jack)
1 x Rhythm/Lead

Would the CRATE CFS3 do the job? I don't know if it's cable ends with a stereo jack, or whatever. My imagination is to cut the end of the crate CFS3 connection cable replacing with 2 jacks.. one stereo and one mono so I can switch EQ+REVERB with one cable ending and Rhythm/Lead with the other..

What do you think?

Thank you in advance
Chris

Yeah, it is using basic latching switching.

I search a box with 3 on/off switches, so all the switching can be done with one pedal, instead having 3 extra pedals, wich is not that compact.

What footswitches are out there giving me ALL-IN-ONE-BOX-CONTROL over the Studio Pre?

Please help me

Chris

:cry:

I think the best you can do (for the least amount of $) is get two separate footswitches, a single footswitch for the rhythm/lead (Mesa Boogie still makes this one as it was standard on the Mark Series before the Mark IV) and a stereo footswitch for the eq and reverb. Mesa Boogie has a footswitch specifically labelled EQ and REVERB. Boss has one that is just labelled A and B and can be used with a stereo cable or with two separate cables. I just picked up a Studio Pre myself and that is what I am doing for now.

If you have a rack setup (and the $) you can use either a Mesa Boogie Midi Matrix (if you can find one), a Voodoo Labs GCX switcher or similar device. Also, some rackmount effects rigs do have extra jacks for latch switching so if you are looking to get something like that you could kill the preverbial two birds with one stone.

Hope this helped.

Just found this one on ebay. Never heard of the manufacturer but it looks like it is an all in one solution for under $100.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-II-2-Footswitch-System-By-VoodooMan_W0QQitemZ280148256979QQihZ018QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Latest posts

Back