Foo Fighters - Hyde Park

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
So the wife bought Foo Fighters tickets for the show in London's Hyde Park for our 15th anniversary. Also included Juliet & the Licks, Angel's and Airwaves, QOTSA and Motorhead.

Grohl was using either a Lone Star or LSS combo in black tolex with a wood front and tan grill. Also had numerous 4x12 or 2x12 (couldn't tell) speakers, no idea what the other guitar player was using for amps.

Encore consisted of Taylor (drummer, sing for Coattail Riders) singing Tie Your Mother Down with Brian May and Queen's drummer playing along. Show definately kicked major butt.

Is that London Texas...about 35 miles outside of Austin? :p

Sounds like a great show....how did the LSS sound live?

Is Brian May really as tall as he looks on TV?

Why am I posting this early in the morning?

ned said:
So the wife bought Foo Fighters tickets for the show in London's Hyde Park for our 15th anniversary. Also included Juliet & the Licks, Angel's and Airwaves, QOTSA and Motorhead.

Grohl was using either a Lone Star or LSS combo in black tolex with a wood front and tan grill. Also had numerous 4x12 or 2x12 (couldn't tell) speakers, no idea what the other guitar player was using for amps.

Encore consisted of Taylor (drummer, sing for Coattail Riders) singing Tie Your Mother Down with Brian May and Queen's drummer playing along. Show definately kicked major butt.

Dude I am a HUGE Foo Fighters fan. That is some sweet stuff. I've seen em 4 times. Nice post. I have a fond memory of a show too. Arrow Hall, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Rusty, Treble Charger, Talkshow(Stone Temple Pilots minus Scot Weiland) and Foo Fighters. Color and shape tour. For the encore, Taylor AND Dave, played drums. Opened the encore with a 10 minute drum solo leading into My Hero. It was beautiful. It was Dual Recto's across the stage at that show.

Cool, I'm seeing them on July 10th during their acoustic tour. I saw them last summer when they came to Vancouver, too.

Congratulations on the tix AND the Anniversary, Ned.

I have yet to see Foo Fighters live, but I'd really love to. IMHO, Dave Grohl is one of the most underestimated talents of the last 15 years.

And from what I've heard, Brian May is about 6'3".

No as in London England.

Brian May is that tall. Show was very cool highly recommend seeing FF live if you get the chance.

Here's the reply from Mesa on the latest Foo gear:

"Foos are onto Lonestar Classics - in the new all black dress. They are
using them mostly for their acoustic show but I guess some for their
rock set too.

They don't have or use many 2x12 Recto's that I know of but they do
have
loads of 4x12 Recto Straights so that's probably what was seen."

Latest posts

Back