First time boogie owner DC-10, questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiffMaster91

Reaction score
Sup guys, I just today went to guitar center and bought a used DC-10 with brand new tubes(watched the guy put the tubes in :D ) I tried the amp out with a custom shop KH-2 neck-thru 8)
My basic question is what are your guy's favorite settings for the DC-10 for a lamb of god/nevermore type tone, thanks guys :D

:shock: I must be old, never heard of those bands.

If you're looking for crushing Metal tones, I like these settings:
Graphic EQ set to the "V" setting, even the manual talks about this.
Gain = 7-10
Treble = 5
Middle = 5
Bass = 5
Reverb = 0-2
Presence = 3-7
Master = 5-7

After this, just dial in the Treble, Middle & Bass. Don't be tempted to just turn the Bass and Treble up and the Middle all the way down. The Middle actually turns into a Gain knob after about 5, and you can dial out any uneccesary Mids with the Graphic EQ.

I really like the DC's. I have a DC-2, DC-3, and DC-5. Don't really play Metal anymore, but I can get some crunchy *** distortion with the following settings and a single coil equiped Strat:
Gain = 8-10
Treble = 6
Middle = 8-9
Bass = 8-10
Presence = 7-10
Reverb = 1 (can't hear the Reverb, but it fattens it up a little)
Master = 4-5

I use the EQ as a solo boost and actually don't use the "V" at all. The Bass is set in the middle, the next one to the right is slightly higher, and each consecutive slider is a bit higher than the one before. Kind of looks like a skate ramp. Then I just tweak to taste.

You can download the manual at www.mesaboogie.com.

Hope this helps.

thx man, i've gotten a feel for everything, i've noticed that i'll leave the knobs all at the same place and moving the eq can change SO much, almost overwelming.

Anyone else?

Latest posts

Back