First Post/Introduction (w/ PICS of my Gear)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niloy63

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Niloy, and I'm a proud, new owner of a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster. Up until this amp, I've bought/collected "budget" amps, including a Fender Princeton, a Bugera 333XL, and a Peavey Vypyr Tube. Needless to say, with the Roadster, I am shocked and in awe at how amazing it is (sound, quality aesthetics, etc.)! I'm not disregarding my other amps as completely useless, but wow... what a difference!

Just to add some extra color to my tone, I bought an A-B-C splitter box that I've been using to combine the Mesa, the Bugera, and the Fender. Here's how I'm mixing and matching them:
  • -Cleans: Mesa (50%) + Fender (50%)
    -Dirty: Mesa (65%) + Bugera (35%)
    -High Gain (Rhythm): Mesa (75%) + Bugera (25%)
    -High Gain (Lead): Mesa (100%)
I couldn't be happier with this setup. The combination of the Roadster and the Bugera 333XL (which is practically a clone of the Peavey Triple XXX) in a 75%/25% format for a heavy, wide spectrum rhythm tone is killer! It's my very own rock/metal rendition of Motown's "Wall of Sound."

And last but not least, no introduction into a musician's forum is complete without a list of gear with pictures: :D
Amps
  • (1) Mesa Roadster
    (2) Bugera 333XL
    (3) Fender Princeton
    (4) Peavey Vypyr Tube
Cabs
  • (1) Avatar 2x12 (1 Celestion V30 and 1 Celestion G12-T75
    (2) Bugera 4x12 (stock speakers)
Guitars [Pickups]
  • (1) Gibson Les Paul Swirl [Duncan Custom/Pearly Gates]
    (2) Fender Lite Ash Stratocaster [Duncan Hot/Vintage/Cool Rails]
    (3) Ibanez RG570 [stock p'ups]
    (4) Schecter 006 Hellraiser [EMG 81/89]
    (5) Schecter C-1 35th Anniversary [EMG 81/85]
    (6) Schecter C-1 Classic [Duncan Custom-A8/'59'-A4]
    (7) Alvarez Artist Series 6-string acoustic
    (8) Ovation Balladeer 12-string acoustic
Pedals (Mesa Roadster)
  • In Front: Wah > Compression > Overdrive (Maxon) > ISP Decimator II
    FX Loop: EQ > Chorus > Delay
Pedals (Bugera 333XL)
  • In Front: Tuner > Overdrive (Boss) > EQ > Looper
    FX Loop: Noise Reduction > Pitch Shifter

Firstly, welcome to the Boogie Board.

Secondly, nice photos of the 'family'. I'm sure with all that gear you won't be short of sounds / tones. Glad you found 'the final piece' of your tone nirvana.

I've got a lot of gear (one day I'll post 'the family') but suffice to say that I'm after a Roadster; just haven't found one at the right price here in Australia. I own a Rectoverb as well as a heap of other amps. It's a very good amp, just after more channels / versatility.

This is a great site, plenty of good and knowledgeable people.

Thanks for your introduction.

Blaklynx said:
Firstly, welcome to the Boogie Board.

Secondly, nice photos of the 'family'. I'm sure with all that gear you won't be short of sounds / tones. Glad you found 'the final piece' of your tone nirvana.

I've got a lot of gear (one day I'll post 'the family') but suffice to say that I'm after a Roadster; just haven't found one at the right price here in Australia. I own a Rectoverb as well as a heap of other amps. It's a very good amp, just after more channels / versatility.

This is a great site, plenty of good and knowledgeable people.

Thanks for your introduction.

Thank you! I'd definitely like to check out your gear, so you should post your 'family' up as well! I can't imagine a single guitarist that wouldn't like the Roadster. Like you said, the tonal variety almost seems endless. And it's straight up easy to dial in. Thanks for the warm welcome, Blaklynx... much appreciated!

Welcome to the board! You've got some nice gear there, mate. Glad the Roadster is working out for you.

KiwiJoe said:
Welcome to the board! You've got some nice gear there, mate. Glad the Roadster is working out for you.

I appreciate the kind words, my friend. Thank you! I can't imagine being happier with another amp.

Perhaps the next one on the list could be a Bogner Uberschall. Or maybe even a Diezel VH4... if I win the lottery, that is! lol I don't get how they can charge in excess of $4,000.00 in today's economy and still stay in business... and here I thought Mesas were expensive! lol

Latest posts

Back