First gigs w/ the LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lance

Reaction score
Well, I've been lurking on the board for a little while now, and decided to make my first post. I got my first Mesa, a LSC 1x12 about a month ago. I've been impressed with it, but it was finally time to gig out with it. Friday night was the blues/rock band, who has been impressed w/ the Tone since I got it. Had a good gig. Saturday night was w/ the Rock n' Roll cover band. I fill for one of the guitar players since he had to have shoulder surgery, and it has been about a little more than a month since I've played with them.

Before becoming a Lonestar player, I used an Ampeg Reverberocket 50 head w/ a 4-12 cab. Now, I can hear some snickers out there, but I still like the clean tone of the Reverberocket. (not better than the LSC, though). Anyways, after the first set, the guitar player I was filling in for came up to me and said "****, how much do you want for that amp? I want that sound." This comment came from someone who's tone and playing I respect & admire, so you can imagine how good that felt.
After the gig, both the sound man, the lighting man, and the rest of the people in the band commented on how good it sounded that night, and continued to give the other lead guy in the band some **** about his H&K Triamp. (He's got a great tone too, but it was amusing.)

Anyways, It was a great weekend of live music, and I couldn't be happier with my Lonestar. I am planning on trying the Reeder mod, as it seems like it's up my alley. (Although Ch. 2 sounded great last night, am I being greedy?)

enjoying the forum,
Lance

Congrats Lance! That is always reassuring getting feedback like that on your tone!

Got any video clips of your gig with the new amp yet?

peace
JJ

jjboogie said:
Congrats Lance! That is always reassuring getting feedback like that on your tone!

Got any video clips of your gig with the new amp yet?

peace
JJ

No video clips yet. I have a gig Friday. I'll have to see if I can swing that. I definitely want to hear the difference. FWIW, I was playing my PRS McCarty w/ the coils tapped. I've never been a huge single coil guy, but that night I lived on the single coil setting. I think I may be spending some time there....

...reminds me of a jam i had right after i got my LSC. The other guitar player comes over to me after a couple tunes and says something like: "that sounds great, what effects are you using?". When i showed him that i was just plugged straight in he got this puzzled look on his face...
:lol:

Back