First gig with Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmcfee

Reaction score
I have owned the amp for several months and all I can say is - WOW. When turned up to stage volume it comes alive. So great!
The Edge mode was like a Super Reverb on 10 and the clean channel was perfect Fender cleans.
Crunch mode really sounded better at higher levels. More Marshally but not quite. I used Edge most of the night for Ch 2.
The Ch 3 was killer in both Mark modes.
The solo feature was really useful as was the effects loop switch. This amp must be terrifying when cranked WAY up (I was at a medium level ).
Has anyone bypassed the loop/master circuit and cranked it?

I did it once by accident. I meant to hit the pentode/triode switch and hit the loop bypass switch.

It sounds good, but I'm no stranger to loud guitar so I wasn't shocked by it. The amp sounds outstanding turned up.... but I'm glad it sounds as good as it does at moderate levels too.

I find the sweet spot to be at about half volume (channels set to half or so depending on mode and output around noon or just below). Even that is too loud for most situations. Over that and I loose a certain, I dont know, control or something.

Back