First gig with LSC...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strumminsix

Reaction score
Worked great and very happy with it. Oddly, it seemed to take a second or two to warm up kinda like a clogged fuel injector but after that, all great!

The only problem, I plugged the wrong cable into the footswitch and could only control the channel not the solo loop! Whoops!

BTW, it is heavy. So I picked up a handtruck @ Menards and it was the perfect length. The top wheels cleared into the bed of my SUV and the thing transported my amp, guitar, fx, gigbag and 2u poweramp and "just in case" softcase just fine.

Congrats on your first gig with the amp! How much was the handtruck, if you don't mind me asking? I have a feeling that would be a great addition to the Lonestar I purchased recently.

And not to hijack your thread or anything, but how does the solo function work for you? I didn't receive my footswitch yet, so I can't even try it yet. It's supposed to arrive Tuesday....I'm dying to try it out!

You can adjust the volume boost of the solo, correct? But does it add more gain, or just boost the volume? Thanks in advance!

Strumminsix..

Congrats! Sounds like it went well. What type of music do you play?

Tonight I'm doing my second gig with the LSC and I'm thinking of changing my settings to go to about 12:00/1:100 on the output and solo and keep the channel masters at around 9:00/9:30.

Now I will be giging with it regularly, so I hope that by the summer I have a good feel for the controls.

How do you have yours set?

Thanks, we are a jam band doing Grateful Dead and other assorted jam-band / R&B / Oldies tunes.

Here are my settings (clock) from the end of the night IIRC:

Ch1 G=9, T=2, M=10, B=11, P=10, O=2
Ch2 G=10, T=2, M=9, B=10, P=11, O=12

Both set to 50W, Tube Rect, Drive OFF on ch2, Normal on thickness, Master at 1, solo just a hair above 9.

But can't say if that solo was right since I used the stupid wrong cable :lol:

But I know it is close just for that "come on up above the mix but not too much" setting.

walshb said:
You can adjust the volume boost of the solo, correct? But does it add more gain, or just boost the volume? Thanks in advance!

Yes, it is controlled within the Loop so it is mostly a clean boost however if you are driving you poweramp already it will add poweramp distortion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, has anyone else experienced thier LSC cutting out a bit at first and then coming in normal after about 10-15 seconds? I let it warm up on stand-by for a good 3 minutes which is longer than I normally do then I tried to play it right away after coming off standby and playing louder than usual so I figure maybe it was a combination of all that stuff.

Back